Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staind

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Another track released. Definitely gone back to their roots :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Not again is right!

Nolanger wrote: »
    Not again is right!

Did you listen to the tracks?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,434 ✭✭✭weisses

If the album is more of "eyes wide open" I'm in ........ they became very boring to say the least

Nolanger wrote: »
    Not again is right!

Not again you say

Full version, this album is shaping up very nicely :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Limp Bizkit come back, System of a Down come back, now Staind. God I hope there's a Nu metal revival.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The eyes wide open track ain't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Well just heard the new album. I'm liking the new direction they've taken. Most of the tracks are heavy. The only slower song is "Something to remind you", with just Aaron behind a simple riff. "Wannabe" has Aaron do a little rapping :)

Album is out September 13th btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The album is out on the 16th September in Ireland (19th for the UK). The September 13th date is for the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

sounds good. I really liked dysfunction and break the cycle but they became a bit generic then. This new album sounds like a bit of a throwback to their early stuff and I love it! Aaron Lewis has such an amazing voice, gives me chills

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Lol, if people keep posting new Staind songs. This thread will become the new album:D. Nonetheless can't wait.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Lol, if people keep posting new Staind songs. This thread will become the new album:D. Nonetheless can't wait.

TBF it was just me posting them :D

Before I heard the full album I'd already continuously listened to "eyes wide open", "the bottom", "paper wings", "not again". I had heard samples of two other songs and heard Aaron do a solo version of "something to remind me". So I spoiled the album for myself big time but have to say as a big Staind fan I think it's their best work since BTC.
    The songs have a great edge to them. Hopefully it isn't their last as I think they've given themselves a new lease of life, as I don't think a similar effort to the Illusion of Progress would have been well received - even though I thought it was a good album. I think they pull off the heavier stuff best.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Glad to see them back to their best. Seen them durig the BTC tour and they were awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fiftysix

New Staind album? Jesus, it's been awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Fiftysix wrote: »
    New Staind album? Jesus, it's been awhile.
    I see what you did there :D. I reckon I'll be checking this out. I liked some of Staind's older stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Here's another new song from their album

Just kidding, I just wanted an excuse to post this because it's such a f*cking epic song:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Listening to the new album now for the first time and I've gotta say I'm liking it, bit step back in the right direction, he'd gotten (I think) trapped in trying to recreate the success of the slow songs and it got very stale very quickly, but there's definitely some heavier stuff on here I like, Not Again is really good, saw the video last night too for the first time on Scuzz and thought it was pretty good.....great to see a band return to form....

next up is the new Bush album which I'm already expecting nothing from - so maybe it'll be better than I'm thinking too....

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

in the middle of downloading, am looking forward to something new in the car, got blink182 during the week... Mise athas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

in the middle of downloading, am looking forward to something new in the car, got blink182 during the week... Mise athas

The new Blink 182 is surprisingly good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Liking the new Staind album, makes me nostalgic but still feels fresh and original, always loved his voice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Got the new album and like it so far . However after watching the documentary of the making of the record Aaron Lewis is a C U Next Tuesday ha . They nearly didnt get the album recorded in the time that the record company gave them because he kept doing his solo shows during the same time and then getting rid of the drummer

No one seemed very happy during the process of the album either, maybe we could be seeing the end of the band

Advertisement