Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iomega 1tb media player

Options
  • 10-06-2011 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Harvey normans have these on sale for €99
    Looks to be a good price to me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

i got one for the father last month... its a pretty good price, but im sure you would find it cheaper on amazon uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

depends on the model. The 720p only model can be got for far less. theres the director 1080p that has been around for a while, last year it was about 120 euro A friend of a friend of a friend of a friends, cousin who knows this lad in the local shop---his uncle got it for 95.

EDIT , either way i wouldnt buy it. There are far better models out there.
    Theres issues with playback also. Some formats a restricted to quality and also audio does not work with some encoding.

The asus range of media players (need own hard drive internal/external model dependant)are a bit pricier but have all the bells and whistles. The WD range is mainstream and reliable. Probably a similar arguement to having an iphone or a HTC Sensation!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Access wrote: »

Why can people not understand the difference between a harddrive a media player :confused:

OP - Easons are doing a 1.5TB DaneElec Multimedia player for €99 at the moment I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Its the screenplay mx hd media player
    I thought it was just easons tallaght taht were selling the 1.5 ones?
    Oh and access insane i may be but a computer illiterate i am not lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭davgtrek

Aldi probably still have a media player rediuced from 89 to 49 euro. I got one and its a decent piece of kit. You store the movies on a hd or usb key or sd card or whatever , stick it into this box and it will read and play it.

very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Have this iomega model myself and am happy with it, i Have it 1.5 years now and hasn't given any trouble it's main fault though is no mkv.. specially since i know have a HD TV (LG one from amazon highlighted to me by bargain alerts :-) ) so if I was getting a media player i'd prob go for something more future proof....

• Registered Users Posts: 19 conor2me

Yeah its a good price, and if its the mx ,it does play the mkv,mp3 and flv files that the old screenplays didnt play. i bought a 2tb on the iomega website,and its great if u look through the boards there is prob a discount code

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

nm wrote: »
    Why can people not understand the difference between a harddrive a media player :confused:

OP - Easons are doing a 1.5TB DaneElec Multimedia player for €99 at the moment I believe.

I spotted that, and edited my post accordingly. - so there!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Delminuso007

Have this iomega model myself and am happy with it, i Have it 1.5 years now and hasn't given any trouble it's main fault though is no mkv.. specially since i know have a HD TV (LG one from amazon highlighted to me by bargain alerts :-) ) so if I was getting a media player i'd prob go for something more future proof....

Was in there today, it's the MX model which does actually support mkv

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

I rang my local easons today and theyre all sold out of the 1.5 tb one but have the one harveys are selling except theyre selling it for 149

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Advertisement