Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pike Fishing

Options
  • 10-06-2011 9:22am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I live in dublin 15,I was wondering if anyone here could tell me the best place locally where I could go to hook a big one!? .Pike.:D
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Unfortunatly not alot of places locally hold decent pike if any at all.
    I used to fish for pike from Clonsillsa to Leixlip and beyond on the canal but I doubt it's even worth chucking a line in now.
    The Liffey and the Leixlip resiviour used to be worth a shot but ya know yourself.
    Probably at least an hour drive from the big smoke before you start getting anywhere worth spending a day on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Get Cracking

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Hi guys,
    I live in dublin 15,I was wondering if anyone here could tell me the best place locally where I could go to hook a big one!? .Pike.:D
    thanks.
    i do fish for pike up in blessington in secret little spot that 3 weeks ago produced 4 pike for me 3 on lures and one on floating deadbait which was also the biggest weighing in at 16lbs 5oz. but thats my secret spot sorry. lough derrevara also produces plenty of pike this time of year but not alot of doubles. me an my mate spent 5hours there 8weeks ago and had 15pike in the boat biggest about 7lb. hope this helps your search for mammoth pike, :D

Advertisement