Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something to cheer up the students...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

As my doctor often tells me, Dubstep and a set of really good earphones is the best therapy. Jokers new album is gonna BE Summer 2011

Not forgetting this badboy:

Enjoy, JC'ers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭innovation.

I find that really hard rock music gets me in to the groove before exams. Most people probably won't of heard of the bands so I'm not even going to bother posting links or whatever. A good song which isn't so heavy is Numb Encore - Linkin Park ft. Jay Z too. It's a beast. :D

BTW, how did a conversation arise between you and your doctor about music? :D He's probably a DJ on the side. ;):D

Skrillex - Slats Slats Slats is an awesome dubstep song. :D

I find that really hard rock music gets me in to the groove before exams. Most people probably won't of heard of the bands so I'm not even going to bother posting links or whatever. A good song which isn't so heavy is Numb Encore - Linkin Park ft. Jay Z too. It's a beast. :D

LOL its as old as the hills themselves. Linkin Park have recently become boyband ******s. Numb (the version without the devil worshipping black guy) is a testament to what good rock music is.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Exoskeleton

As my doctor often tells me, Dubstep and a set of really good earphones is the best therapy. Jokers new album is gonna BE Summer 2011

Enjoy, JC'ers

You have the coolest doctor! ;)

You have the coolest doctor! ;)

lyrics;

"Zombies,Zombies,Zombies!"
    "*ROBOT HAVING ORGASM*"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Going back to the first post, I actually did a DJ mix where I sampled the foundation level Irish tapes for last year. Might throw it back up on my soundcloud page later on :P

"Cuid A. Léigh anois go cúramach na teoracha agus na ceisteanna a ghabhann le Cuid A... *BASS DROP*"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Eoin_Sheehy

I think I'll use YouTube for it's intended purpose, adorable videos! http://youtu.be/0pK8dplyTHM

I think I'll use YouTube for it's intended purpose, adorable videos! http://youtu.be/0pK8dplyTHM

That is one screwed up URL....

ps, Skrillex is badass! That song you posted is epic, it's on his EP.

Ruffneck Bass in one of his "Unreleased" tracks i guess (ie, they were never put on Beatport), however, it's a quality drumstep tune (dubstep meshed with elements of dnb, pretty good combo). I prefer the original, rather than the Full Flex edition personally. You can look up the flex edition to compare. Heres the original:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Colm! wrote: »
    Going back to the first post, I actually did a DJ mix where I sampled the foundation level Irish tapes for last year. Might throw it back up on my soundcloud page later on :P

"Cuid A. Léigh anois go cúramach na teoracha agus na ceisteanna a ghabhann le Cuid A... *BASS DROP*"

That sounds class haha. Post it up here if you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 toxicgasmask

Enjoy, JC'ers

im sorry, but that type of music is........ just not music at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 toxicgasmask

BTW, how did a conversation arise between you and your doctor about music? :D He's probably a DJ on the side. ;):D

Skrillex - Slats Slats Slats is an awesome dubstep song. :D

actually i agree, bit of rock or punk or even metal is the best before exams!!! name some of your bands

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Exoskeleton

Colm! wrote: »

I'd be very interested in hearing that!
    But if it gets released, you know you'll have the State Examinations Board straight onto you! ;)

Oh c'mon you have to respect all types of music. Guitars get boring after a while, you have to experience alternate types of music.
    Yes, some dubstep is awful, Skrillex's 'Scatta' to name an example (mind you I do like Skrillex, but that song is just OTT), but genres like dubstep are the way forward!

Go listen to your ****ing ****** ass choir music then. Don't come in here telling me what is and what isn't music, I can have my own opinion thanks. What do you consider "music" , then?

Amd yeah, Exo, I agree. Some dubstep is just geniunely terrible. But then again, when it's done right it's just fantastic. At least you respect the fact some people like the genre. Skrillex goes a bit crazy with some of his home made tunes, but 99% of his official work is quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Just listen to random movie music
    Especially war music. Or the song from Inside Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Emarosa, Three Days Grace and Atreyu are my pre-exam 'bibles' :) Gets me nice and in the zone :pac:

Indiego wrote: »
    Emarosa, Three Days Grace and Atreyu are my pre-exam 'bibles' :) Gets me nice and in the zone :pac:

Emo-tastic! I like how you like different stuff to what my mates listen to (even the ones who like that kinda stuff)... Pretty cool!!

That stuff is too wrist-slitty for me, doesn't really suit me either as I'm not the black-loving, shadowy type (ironic usernane I guess). You may tell already I'm obsessed with electronic stuff, not the kinda things jippos listen to though, also I love lots of 80's music and old skool hip hop like NWA, BIG, Tupac and some more "underground" stuff.

I also love Pearl Jam for some strange reason. "Do the Evolution" by Pearl Jam is a defining song of the 90's, give it a listen. The music video is fantastic, too.

Emo-tastic! I like how you like different stuff to what my mates listen to (even the ones who like that kinda stuff)... Pretty cool!!

That stuff is too wrist-slitty for me, doesn't really suit me either as I'm not the black-loving, shadowy type (ironic usernane I guess). You may tell already I'm obsessed with electronic stuff, not the kinda things jippos listen to though, also I love lots of 80's music and old skool hip hop like NWA, BIG, Tupac and some more "underground" stuff.

I also love Pearl Jam for some strange reason. "Do the Evolution" by Pearl Jam is a defining song of the 90's, give it a listen. The music video is fantastic, too.

Haha wow, no more trolling eh? :L (whoops another smiley slipped in there :))

And just for the record, i never have, and never will, slit my wrists, i just like that sort of music, and the concerts tend to be pretty epic :pac:

Oooo I love Pearl Jam, I love that song :)
    I have a weird variety of music tastes, I tends to range from Skream to REM to The 'emo-tastic' stuff, along with Sara Barellies and Fleetwood mac XD
    Love 80's and 90's stuff too, the only stuff I generally dont listen to (i have my exceptions though) is rap and jazz XD

Haha wow, no more trolling eh? :L (whoops another smiley slipped in there :))

And just for the record, i never have, and never will, slit my wrists, i just like that sort of music, and the concerts tend to be pretty epic :pac:
    XD

Don't be offended, you take things too personally... Then again, i have a tendency to be more open to my real opinions on the internet than I would in real life.

Don't be offended, you take things too personally... Then again, i have a tendency to be more open to my real opinions on the internet than I would in real life.

Im a girl, we take everything personally :L
    Hehe

You would have to be fairly committed to slit your wrists tbf

• Advertisement

Hehe

Don't I know it :mad:
    Women :rolleyes:

Hehe

NOT ON THE FREAKIN INTERNET AS WELL?! Oh well, at I cant see you reaction to send me on a guilt trip...

Don't I know it :mad:
    Women :rolleyes:

Hahahah you might as well get used to it now :pac:

Hahahah you might as well get used to it now :pac:

I am used to it :o that's the problem

NOT ON THE FREAKIN INTERNET AS WELL?! Oh well, at I cant see you reaction to send me on a guilt trip...

Hahah good point :pac:

Advertisement