Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band Members Wanted [Dublin]

Options
  • 09-06-2011 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

I’m based in Dublin and have been playing music for the last 15 years or so and play a few instruments, mainly guitar but some bass and keyboards and I’ve been learning to program drums.

I gathered together 8 tunes for an EP in various stages of completion and demo versions of them can be heard here (https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dog-Pony-Show-Demos/128754983830294) or here (http://soundcloud.com/dermotbohan/sets/rootmusic-bandpage/)

A few new tunes have been written since and at least half of the 8 tunes above can be reproduced in a jamming situation.

I’d like to get a band together and play the tunes live and also rerecord them with real players. Most of the parts, (bar guitar and some glockenspiel) have been done using propellerheads Reason 4.0 which is the main program I use for writing music.

Ideally, I’d like to meet some multi-instrumentalists who have their own home recording setups.

The idea for the band would be to use these songs to get up and running but everyone in the band would be free to bring ideas to the table. I was also thinking it would be great if everyone can work on the ideas on their home setups and have a half live half home studio work ethic going.
    I’d like to do some jamming, some regular recording (even for just putting demos together) and some gigging.

If you’d be interested in this you can PM me here or at bohan.dermot@gmail.com and we can talk further.

Good luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

PM Sent

Thanks for the PMs and emails folks. I'll be replying shortly.

Still looking for musicians too. Any instruments.

Bass player has had to pull out.
    12 songs in the pipeline with 4-5 in final stages.

Full band weekly rehearsal in Black pitts and songwriting sessions being arranged throughout the week to suit at the moment.

Any other bass players out there interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Emmet Bass

Bass player has had to pull out.
    12 songs in the pipeline with 4-5 in final stages.

Full band weekly rehearsal in Black pitts and songwriting sessions being arranged throughout the week to suit at the moment.

Any other bass players out there interested?

Would b interested im 17 and been playing bass for a few years

Emmet Bass wrote: »
    Would b interested im 17 and been playing bass for a few years

Apologies, I only just saw your post.
    Thanks for the interest, but the positions been filled. Best of luck in your search.

Advertisement