Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4-bed detached houses, 1800sq ft -- €80,000 ono

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I wouldn't pay more then a €10 for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

The lights beside the door aren't fitted, just saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Keenaghs not bad as longford goes you'd have to paint over the knickerbocker pink though.

I'd say the low price is because the bank won't give anyone the money.

[edit]actually that could be cotswold cream the whitebalance is pretty bad in the photo estate agents really need to learn to use picasa or photoshop[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

its not that banks won't give the money, its the fact you'd probably never be able to sell it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

TheDriver wrote: »
    its not that banks won't give the money, its the fact you'd probably never be able to sell it!

Which is why they won't give you the money, no rental prospects and no chance to sell. Bank gave my buddy 50k more for a house in Cork City than they refused him for a house out near Mallow. They know that if push comes to shove then can offload the place in Cork City.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Only suitable to investor or developer to complete the development

ie build all the infrastructure to live there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Only suitable to investor or developer to complete the development
    ???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

mad m wrote: »
    ???

That was posted in the ad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Looks like Mr. Blobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Been looking at these and not sure there's anything to do around Keenagh so they may not even be suitable as holiday homes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

I wouldn't pay more then a €10 for that!

You could flip it next year for €20 - double your money:D

Just like the good oul days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

BIG HOUSE tiny windows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Well you have to buy 4 houses plus one site, so it's €400,000 for the lot. Reminds me a bit of monopoly too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Does it have a train service ?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    a what?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

But there's HUGE opportunity to make a killing here. I mean you have this for 80 grand and you could sell it for this much in a few months!!!

Maybe not as much obviously as the more expensive house is in the "Keenagh 4" area, much closer to the heart of..emm, town.

yoshytoshy wrote: »

No. It is a ten minute drive to the nearest station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Looks like Fr.Teds house with a mask on.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Is it bad that I had to zoom out 8 times on the map to see whereabouts in the country the flippin' house was? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cheers OP, just ordered 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cartom

Onikage wrote: »
    Well you have to buy 4 houses plus one site, so it's €400,000 for the lot. Reminds me a bit of monopoly too!

It might be worth my while. If I buy 4 of these houses, can I swap them for a hotel (as in a game of Monopoly). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

If it's a killing you are after, what about this?

http://www.property.ie/property-for-sale/Apartment-30-Spencers-Court-Summerhill-Road-Enniscorthy-Co-Wexford/597103/

30K for a 2 bed apartment? If I had the money, I would take it. Sure that's a personal loan rather than a mortgage! You could get 500 a month rent for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Dickerty wrote: »
    If it's a killing you are after, what about this?

http://www.property.ie/property-for-sale/Apartment-30-Spencers-Court-Summerhill-Road-Enniscorthy-Co-Wexford/597103/

30K for a 2 bed apartment? If I had the money, I would take it. Sure that's a personal loan rather than a mortgage! You could get 500 a month rent for it...
    thats only reserve. if you can get 500a month rent for it then it will sell for a lot more than 30k. 500a month is a 20% rental yield if it costs 30k.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    No. It is a ten minute drive to the nearest station.

Wishful thinking. Nearest station is in the middle of traffic-choked Longford town.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

look at the contact name

Contact Name: Eddie Moran BSc (Hons) MIAVI AssocRICS

I never understand why people actively put that ****e after their name. especially in an ad like come on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

n97 mini wrote: »
    Wishful thinking. Nearest station is in the middle of traffic-choked Longford town.
    Get a motorbike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭dell1211

do they deliver to ireland?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

They had me until they said
    This is a first class development of large detached houses

80k = first class :confused:

I'd hate to see cattle class... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Cheers OP, just ordered 2.

Did you get a confirmation email? I ordered 42 and they're still showing as 'processing', do you think they'll ship.. etc.

• Advertisement

Tabnabs wrote: »
    They had me until they said

80k = first class :confused:

I'd hate to see cattle class... :eek:

Would you feel like you were getting a better house if you were paying €250k? I'm sure they'd be happy to take your money.

Advertisement