Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of oximeters do EMT's and ambulance crews use?

Options
  • 09-06-2011 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi all,
    Can anyone tell me if EMT's and/or ambulance crews ever use a mutiwave or CO-oximeter. Or is the standard issue a pulse oximeter. Looking into what I think might be a case of CO poisoning.
    Thanks a million for any replies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭999nobody

I just use the oximeter attached to the defib, the lifepak 15 has a CO2 monitor. This won't measure CO levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Ebola_Gray

Thanks for the quick reply. :D
    Much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Phillips Heartstart mrx

2-heartstart-mrx.jpg

Thanks Landyman. I checked out the specs and sure enough it's a pulse oximeter.
    I appreciate the input and quick responses.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

I'm sure you know this but just to point out most Pulse Oxs that measure SPO2 cant differentiate between whats bound to the hemoglobin. They will only tell you what % of hemoglobin is bound. (CO and O2 are indifferenciable)
    You need to make sure you get a CO Reader.

• Advertisement

Thanks Maglite, I have come to that conclusion, and you confirmed it.
    I'm grateful for all the replies, it helped me a lot to understand what may have happened in this incident.

Advertisement