Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beauty Blog/Website Review

• 09-06-2011 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭

Any chance you could review my blog? I'm in the process of getting my own domain but would appreciate some feedback.

Would it be possible to PM me aswell as I mightn't think to look back at the thread.

Thank you.

http://happyfacecrazy.blogspot.com

It's a beauty related blog.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Hey,
    A few first impressions;

1. It's best to keep the title of the blog and the URL the same. That way people don't have to try and remember two things about your identity (it's hard enough to get people to remember just one!)

2. The content is hidden below two ads. This makes me want to leave the page straight away. Before I read your content, your forcing me to scroll down past your ads - so already you're pissing the viewer off before they even start reading!

3. White text on a black background is annoying to read.

4. You could be using way more horizontal space. The photos are too small - since the content is predominantly visual, you should widen the page. This will also allow the ads to have less visual dominance, which leads in to my next point...

5. There are ads all over the place! This can be okay if done neatly, but currently they're all misaligned and stretching so far down the page. Because your content area is so small, they take over the whole site. People don't like to spend a lot of time on pages that are dominated by ads :)

6. You should have links to social media, a Facebook page etc.

I'll leave it at that for now, best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Thanks for your feedback, I am still working on my layout so I appreciate everything that's been said. I would love it if you could take another look at it for me.

ihazabeautyblog.com

Also what colour text do you think would go best with a backround?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭bacon?

Cianos hits a lot of nails on the head there.

First thing I'd ask you is, what are you trying to achieve with this site?

Is it just a bit of fun, or would you like to make money from it? If it's the latter, you have a long way to go.

I highly recommend this book, "don't make me think", http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Make-Me-Think-Usability/dp/0321344758

This will pretty much tell you everything you need to know about making an attractive, engaging website.

Advertisement