Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New role problem.

Options
  • 09-06-2011 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭

I have a management role in my company for 6 years where I manage a part area of the business. Now over the last 6 months the company has started to branch into a new sector which is a similar sector to that of my existing role. I was asked if I would also like to manage this new sector as well as my exitsing sector. I agreed that I would accept but stated that I would like a salary increase, as well as changes made in my contract before I take on the role. The MD of the company agreed that we will have a review and I would be receiving a salary increase as well as contract changes being made in the very near future. Since then (8 weeks) I have assumed the new role, but my MD has not volunteered himself to any negotiations with me which he agreed to do.

When ever I see the MD he tells me one thing and then the next time he tells me a different story. However he is consistent in saying that he wants me in the new role but won't commit by giving me an increase in salary and new contract.

Can I just say to him enough is enough and withdraw my services from the new role until I get what I want, and in the meantime revert to the 'old' role/responsibilities in my contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭LOTTOWINNER

I am in a similar situation, I was given extra duties when some people were let go,and not replaced. I didn't get any extra remumeration, the only problem I have is that I can't do my original duties as well as I had, due to the extra work load, so now I'm doing 2 quite seperate roles, but I can't really do justice to either. Did you have the same problem when you were given your new role?
    You were given a verbal agreement, which are very difficult to prove, so if you are completely safe in your employment, then withdraw from the new role and revert back to your original.

Advertisement