Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for my wife to be

Options
  • 09-06-2011 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hello,

Just wondering if the husband to be should buy a gift for his wife to be for their wedding?
    Any idea on price or ideas would be much appreciated as I have no clue :confused:.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

How about a Tiffany charm bracelet? You can add the charms then for birthdays, christmas, anniversary, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Yep apparently more Diamonds is acceptable ;)

But a nice letter or something thoughtful she can use forever is also good

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lighterthought

I don't know what other couples do, but my husband and I decided shortly before the wedding that we would both skip getting each other presents for the wedding day. We were spending so much money on everything else, and wanted to get nice gifts for our very helpful bridal party. The honeymoon is a good occasion when you can splurge on each other, since you'll have more time to find something the other wants, and its a good souvenir for a honeymoon, and couples typically have money put aside for spending on their honeymoon anyway. Not sure if that's helpful, but it's what we did! BUT if you go this route, talk with your bride and see what she thinks. You really don't want to be disappointing her on the big day, so make sure you're both in agreement :)

If you want to get her a gift, jewellery is always the way to go. Tiffany's is a classic, or an Irish designer like Alan Ardiff (find his stuff in kilkenny shops around the country), which is cute and very pretty and has lovely names for the pieces, perfect for this kind of thing.
    http://www.kilkennyshop.com/Categories/Homepage/Women/Jewellery/Designer/Alan+Ardiff.aspx

Good luck and congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Just wondering if the husband to be should buy a gift for his wife to be for their wedding?

Sure every man buys their wife either a) a home cinema or b) a 50" LED tv with internet connection or c)a subscription to sky sports :D:rolleyes::p

We nay bothered buying gifts for each other, sure isn't giving each other to each other a nice enough gift? all together now aaaaah ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Buy and make a white jigsaw, write some mushy stuff on it in permanent marker to commemorate the marriage and break it all up again for her to make and discover the hidden message herself =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Surprise her with a champagne breakfast or a suite, or some couple-treatments on your honeymoon - that would be better than jewellery tbh as she will already have her wedding band :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Glowing wrote: »
    Surprise her with a champagne breakfast or a suite, or some couple-treatments on your honeymoon - that would be better than jewellery tbh as she will already have her wedding band :)

That's a lovely idea!

Advertisement