Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Price for the Hi-Life Card

Options
  • 09-06-2011 8:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

You can get 2 for 1 starters, main courses & deserts at restaurants in Ireland with this. Usually €50 but its €25 at the mo :D

https://secure.hi-life.co.uk/?onoffer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Have had a high life card before and they were great value. The recession and the big reductions offered by restaurants for early birds had turned me off getting one this year, but at 25 lids per card I think I will take the plunge.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

This is a great great offer! I got mine last year and it was worth every penny. I think I've already saved over €150 with it. For €25 it's an amazing value.

Edited to add: I think I still have referral vouchers that you might be able to use with this. I don't remember exactly how much you'd save with the voucher or how much I'd get but I'll check at home tonight and come back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Raoul

rafaetha wrote: »
    This is a great great offer! I got mine last year and it was worth every penny. I think I've already saved over €150 with it. For €25 it's an amazing value.

Edited to add: I think I still have referral vouchers that you might be able to use with this. I don't remember exactly how much you'd save with the voucher or how much I'd get but I'll check at home tonight and come back here.

Where have you used it? Do most places mark off the back so you can only use it there once? Can it only be used weekdays in most places? And do some places only take the platinum card?

Raoul wrote: »
    Where have you used it? Do most places mark off the back so you can only use it there once? Can it only be used weekdays in most places? And do some places only take the platinum card?

I've used it on lots of different places. TGI Fridays, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Milano, Dante's Pizza, Apache Pizza are a few examples. Check online the restaurants. Most places DO NOT mark the back of your card: Milano is my favourite, I've been there several times and love it. I think I've used this card over 10 times now and I only have 3 marks.

Most deals are only valid for dinner time. Some restaurants don't accept the card on Saturdays. Platinum is required for say 10-20% of restaurants.

They have a very good selection, specially in Dublin. Some places offer 1 complimentary main dish but you often see a complimentary 3-course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

It's easily worth it at €25. I've had mine for three years now and it's great. I have been using it less recently since they introduced the platinum card which basically removes the more expensive restaurants and put them onto a dearer platinum card. There are still plenty of restaurants on there. I've found that most places don't mark the back of the card, but it can be hit an miss if they do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

if your card accidently comes in contact with alcohol those marks on the back of the card dissapear! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

it worth getting this card if you don't live in Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭fergm

To be honest I've had the card for the last two years and I have struggled to get any value out of it this year. Used to be ok but it has got pretty bad as of late.
    A lot of places no longer seem to accept it. Looked up a somewhere to eat in their book recently and decided to go to Mao. Rang and was told they no longer accept it, then tried a place called Idlewilde which turned out to be a closed in the evenings.

Bob Z wrote: »
    it worth getting this card if you don't live in Dublin ?

Ever since I moved out of Dublin I used this card maybe once or twice...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

I don't think this card is half as good as it used to be. There are a lot of places that don't take the card any more, even found one or two that were in the book that didn't accept it. A number of other ones now have restrictions on when you can use it.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Ah feck!
    Got one of these recently off dealrush (who by the way are a nightmare to deal with) for half price. Think it was 25 quid too.
    Never seen it before so took a punt thinking that it was some sort of gem, but obviously not from these comments?

Do you get a book of places to use it in with the card or something, or is there a definitive list on the net somewhere??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Ah feck!

Do you get a book of places to use it in with the card or something, or is there a definitive list on the net somewhere??
    http://www.hi-life.co.uk/

Chose your location on the drop down menu on the right, or login/activate your account and it will narrow the location automatically for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

adamski8 wrote: »
    if your card accidently comes in contact with alcohol those marks on the back of the card dissapear! ;)

Dont waste your beer...nail polish remover FTW ;)

Advertisement