Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Pride

Options
  • 09-06-2011 7:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,681 ✭✭✭✭

I only got into MMA post Pride so I missed the good ol' days. I only ever saw highlights of fighters like Fedor, Big Nog, Cro Cop, etc. but i'm just after watching Pride: Total Elimination 2003. What a fantastic event! All star lineup, great fights, Bas Rutten, it had it all! Mad to see the Final Conflict 2003 now. Can anyone recommend other Pride events I should get my hands on? (shmorrent or dvd maybe?). Classic appearance from the skinny and hairy Dana White betting 250K that UFC would beat Pride ala Chuck wining the tournament. What have I missed all this time!!

GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

june_wand1.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Fair play man for watching that - a savage event in the history of MMA.

PRIDE Shockwave 2004 was amazing.
    • The heavyweight championship unification between Fedor Emelianenko and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
    • Wanderlei Silva took on heavyweight Mark Hunt in an exciting scrap.
    • Mirko Cro Cop's rematch with Kevin Randleman.
    • Takanori Gomi vs. Jens Pulver.
    • The notorious upset of Anderson Silva by a Ryo Chonan flying scissor heel hook.

PM me for links mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

I've no links but on my old computer I downloaded most of them through torrents. Perfect quality as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The entire 2005 middleweight GP.
    Shogun going on a tear through the entire division and the Final Conflict event had the Semi-Finals, Final and the HW Title fight between Cro-Cop & Fedor.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,681 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sound lads, I have a PM with a link to every Pride event, over 100gb's, should keep me going for a while! Definitely gonna check out that 2005 MW GP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

If you have that then watch them from the start - epic is overused.

But Pride was EPIC!

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sound lads, I have a PM with a link to every Pride event, over 100gb's, should keep me going for a while! Definitely gonna check out that 2005 MW GP!

PM Please haha I can throw them on the media player :) Keep me going for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

+1 for 2005 GP!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Pride's 1-9 are old pride. Only about 2 or 3 good fights per show. Look out for all of Sakuraba's in this time.

After watching all of Saku's fights between 1-9 tackle the GP 2000 and everything after and including Pride 10 is gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

i got that a few months ago but never looked at any of them and this thread got me in the mood of watching them. Only the first GP and the 2007 kamikaze event worked :mad:

Gitb1 wrote: »
    i got that a few months ago but never looked at any of them and this thread got me in the mood of watching them. Only the first GP and the 2007 kamikaze event worked :mad:

Are you using VLC?

• Advertisement

Are you using VLC?

Yeah it keeps trying to repair them but only the first 8 seconds or so will play. Others wont play at all ive tried vlc, quicktime, windows media player and a divx player.

Got pissed off so just went through the fedor career pack instead

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Pride was the high water mark for MMA imo. It wont ever be equaled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Anyone with links to these please PM them to me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Furious-Dave

Gitb1 wrote: »
    Yeah it keeps trying to repair them but only the first 8 seconds or so will play. Others wont play at all ive tried vlc, quicktime, windows media player and a divx player.

Got pissed off so just went through the fedor career pack instead

I've watched Pride 1 through 12 recently and they all worked perfectly. How up to date are your players? I watched them with DivX Plus Player.

I've watched Pride 1 through 12 recently and they all worked perfectly. How up to date are your players? I watched them with DivX Plus Player.

All up to date. They took an age to download though so I think they might have little bits missing that are stopping them playing properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Any chance I could get a PM with that link?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Me too if you can, finished on the 23rd and will need something for the Summer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Xlami wrote: »

Excellent link man! will be watching this later.

That torrent file is being an awful bollix. I have 2005 total elimination so gonna start on that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Could someone PM me links to these Pride videos please.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Any chance of that PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Total Elimination 2003 is the best card I think I've ever watched, as far as fights, presentation and entertainment go. Bas knocking back shots surrounded by the ring girls set it up perfectly. I had seen bits and pieces of Pride before obviously, but I wasn't expecting the quality to be as high.
    The Big Nog decision is still one of the strangest I've ever seen
    anybody here more informed have any more information on that one?

I would second the 2005 GP also, that is legendary MMA. But in general, there is something on almost every single Pride card that's unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

weemcd wrote: »
    Total Elimination 2003 is the best card I think I've ever watched, as far as fights, presentation and entertainment go. Bas knocking back shots surrounded by the ring girls set it up perfectly. I had seen bits and pieces of Pride before obviously, but I wasn't expecting the quality to be as high.
    The Big Nog decision is still one of the strangest I've ever seen
    anybody here more informed have any more information on that one?

I would second the 2005 GP also, that is legendary MMA. But in general, there is something on almost every single Pride card that's unique.

They said he won based o nthefact that he was the one trying to finish the fight with subs.
    1. Effort to finish by KO or submission:
      Nogueira wins by a large margin due to his multiple submission attempts and active attack. Based on this, there is no reason to consider any further criteria as they are in descending order, however, for educational purposes we will continue.
    2. Damage:
      No damage from striking by either party. Possible damage from deep Kimura in round 3 by Nogueira, however, no award given to either.
    3. Standing combinations and ground control:
      Neither fighter showed superiority in standing skill. Nogueira dominated ground control as he constantly went for submission and gave away neutral position for inferior position, yet he was able to move back to neutral position with relative ease each time. Nogueira also had a forced reversal. Rodriguez had a reversal while Nogueira was passing guard. Forced reversals are more difficult to achieve and more valuable for ground control. Rodriguez was warned many times throughout the match to improve position but chose to stay in neutral guard without damaging strikes or attempts to pass to dominant position.
    4. Takedown and defense:
      Nogueira scored one clean takedown and defended 2 times. Ricco scored 3 Takedowns. Ricco wins this criteria.
    5. Aggressiveness:
      Nogueira wins by a large margin due to his many attempts at submission and his forward progression while striking. The referee warned Ricco many times in this area, but did not award a yellow card penalty.
    6. Weight difference:
      N/A. Ricco had a sizeable weight advantage but was not more than 15 kilos

Advertisement