Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish fm radio v internet radio

Options
  • 08-06-2011 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

yup

ok its time to put pen to paper.... irish fm radio is crap and has been for years.
    and why do is say this well just turn on any fm radio in your house or car and you will hear the

same news,
    same debate,
    same sports story.
    same old same old music ( well if its in the so called charts ) :eek:
    same adds

now turn on a internet radio station and you can hear music

just music,
    no adds,
    no news
    no sport
    no crap talk about some celebritys facebook twitter or fashion

so all stand up and be counted fm radio is dying fast
    we need the BAI to be got rid of and allow real radio back on the air waves

check out zenithclassicrock if you like music these guys had a fm licence but only allowed it for ten weekends....why.... BAI why

yobgod:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Jonny Harris

There is no reason apart from money and people with cloth ears running and presenting the so called "music" stations! Yes , the time is ripe for a revolution. The BAI should be scrapped for doing such an awful job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭decies

Room for both at the moment like local radio sometime in the morn , and go to bed with five live on the Internet. And when the NFL cones back it's weei Boston for patriots news .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Old thread I know, but has anyone got any Irish news radio channel that isn't 50% adverts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Old thread I know, but has anyone got any Irish news radio channel that isn't 50% adverts?

How is an ad free radio channel a sustainable economic model? To present decent current affairs programming costs a lot of money and advertising is the only way to generate it unless you are guaranteed sufficient paid subscriptions or a government grant which isn't going to happen, personally I think RTE Radio shows like Kenny and Five Seven Live are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Five Seven Live

:eek:

It hasn't been called that in yonks!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Well RTE are receiving taxpayer's money and they still have the place stuffed full of ads. Look at the BBC - I know it's a much bigger population, but if RTE did ONE TV and, more importantly, ONE Radio channel right it'd be worth the money.

Advertisement