Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat Loss equation in Building Regulations 2002 question

Options
  • 08-06-2011 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently doing a thesis on the waste heat emitted by buidling into the urban environment and I am using the heat loss equations provided by dept of environment. However, I need to develop typical housing profiles for detached, semi D, terraced and apts.

I have details for Terraced and Detached but require information for a typical apartment and semi D house.

The information I need is the typical exposed wall area, roof area, window area and floor area.

Does anyone have any information that could be of help? Even a rough estimate from someone who would have experience in this area would be of great help.

Thanks

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

As a suggestion, you could run a DEAP BER assessment for those types of houses, and it gives a kWh heat input (annual) figure for space heating - that figure, adjusted for the efficiency of the heat source *should* be the heat loss? When you specify in DEAP the year the house was built, it defaults to the building regs of that time...

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cagefan

Thanks, I didnt realise that, I'll give it a go!

Advertisement