Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Shoot And Fish June E-Zine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Keep up the good work & thanks for the PDF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

i've just finished the 48 pages and what i've noticed is how much more interesting the ezine is when there are weird and unusual ads included. I'm looking forward to browsing the new ads section that you are putting in.

I got a bunch of angling pamphlets from the 1950's at a car boot sale recently and what I enjoy most about them are the ads for maggots and old reels. there's an ad for oughterard fishing lodge and the full telephone number is '7'!

my point is allow your ad contributors to be as parochial and strange as they like and the readership will grow savagely i hope!

the ferreting, fox and magpie culling pieces were well worth a look. encourage as many oddballs and poachers to voice their views as possible.

i really hope the free ad idea takes off for you!
    no doubt, having read the piece on the springer spaniel breeder, you are dead set against any puppy farm scumbags chancing free ads with you.

great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Antoennis

i've just finished the 48 pages and what i've noticed is how much more interesting the ezine is when there are weird and unusual ads included. I'm looking forward to browsing the new ads section that you are putting in.

I got a bunch of angling pamphlets from the 1950's at a car boot sale recently and what I enjoy most about them are the ads for maggots and old reels. there's an ad for oughterard fishing lodge and the full telephone number is '7'!

my point is allow your ad contributors to be as parochial and strange as they like and the readership will grow savagely i hope!

the ferreting, fox and magpie culling pieces were well worth a look. encourage as many oddballs and poachers to voice their views as possible.

i really hope the free ad idea takes off for you!
    no doubt, having read the piece on the springer spaniel breeder, you are dead set against any puppy farm scumbags chancing free ads with you.

great stuff.

Hi Doc,

Thanks for the feedback. Ya i love seeing old ads like that. So i have a request. Could you scan some of those ads and i'll include them in next months e-zine would be lovely to see them. As for the adpad. Its going to be a a website on its own and i will feature some of the ads on it in the e-zine every month. All the ads on the website will have to be approved so as much as we can we will weed our puppy farms etc. I really want all of what we do to be for us i.e. normal men and women with a love for shooting and(or) fishing. We are growing fast for one simple reason we are very accessible. If you or anyone wants to see something in the e-zine tell me or e-mail me and we will do our best to include it. It doesn't even have to be big or the best written thats what editors are for!

Thanks Again
    Anthony info@ishootandfish.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

hi,

sorry i don't have a scanner and my home computer is on its last legs.
    i'll be happy to post out 5 copies of the magazine which you can keep for a month if thats any use? i havent had a chance to read them so would need them back. if u want to do that just pm me your address and phone number.
    damn laptop is cracking up.

turns out these are worth about 20 quid each so i'll need your word that u can post them back to me!

Advertisement