Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to join our boat trip off Carlingford this Saturday 11th June?

Options
  • 08-06-2011 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,

We have 3-4 spots left on our boat trip this Saturday with skipper Peyton Cunningham off Carlingford Lough. Full day trip, from +9am -> 5pm. It's a €500 trip, so we hope to get 10 people to fill it, so the cost stays at €50 a head. Normally a great trip, and Peyton told me he had a good trip last sunday, a good few cod and mackerel. He usually puts down a couple of Tope lines, and we have caught at least once a year, great fun. PM me your interest or post any questions. We are a fairly casual crew, but go out with Peyton 3 times a year. We will mostly be heading up from Swords/Donabate area, so lifts might be available too.
    regards, Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭natdog

ciaran cant make the trip but let us know how you get on heading out with peyton next month interested to here your opinions
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ciarancummins7

Will do. I have been out with Peyton alot, is there anything in particular I can let you know? Spread the word in case yo u have any friends that want to join us on Saturday, cheers, Ciaran

where going out toping in the morning and then reef/wreck in the afternoon.
    Any info at all when I spoke to him the main interest was tope so didnt talk about the rest so does he put you over a wreck or just reefs and what kind of sized fish are we talking.
    Have no interest in macks besides bait.
    just interested to hear how you get on.
    thanks
    tight lines

Usually he tried to do a bit of mackerel bashing for fresh bait, but we have never dedicated our trip to Tope fishing. I believe he fishes over wrecks and reefs for Tope, and I think his boat landed the irish record... so he knows where to catch them. There is nothing like catching a tope, but I caught 2 ling the last day at the bottom and they gave us a brilliant fight.

still places available, and a free lift there and back for anyone out there. Once you go boat fishing, you'll find it hard to go back to pier fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Miamiheat

Hello
    I may be interested in joining the group to go fishing saturday. how many spots do you have left? (I may have a couple people interested in joining as well). How far from Dublin is the departure? I have a car but just curious as to how far it is.
    thanks

• Advertisement

I think we will have 3 free spots left. Carlingford is just about an hour away, up the m1 past dundalk. Google maps is a great way to get directions from where you live. He will pick.us up from the pier in Carlingford, you can leave your car on the start of the pier.

I think we will have 3 free spots left. Carlingford is just about an hour away, up the m1 past dundalk. Google maps is a great way to get directions from where you live. He will pick.us up from the pier in Carlingford, you can leave your car on the start of the pier.

great I have posted this on my fishing group site to see if I get a couple of lads interested. Any more info you can give me will help: do we bring food and drinks or are they provided, any gear required?

thank you

Bring your own food and drink an
      and wet gear. there are public toilets before getting on boat. He will provide rod and tackle included in cost. It will cost 50. Normally go out at 9.30 and back in for 4.30 or 5. Any more q's, just ask.

how did you get on ciaran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Yea I'd be interested to hear about the trip.

• Advertisement

Went well. It was a glorious day, nice and calm out there for our couple of new fishermen, and seasoned guys too! Caught a good few mackerlel and cod. 1 nice ling and a scorpion fish too. No Tope took a bite from our single Tope bait. It is early in the season, so we were very happy overall. thanks to Miamiheat for coming +1, pleasure to fish with.

Where the cod you got a good size.

not really, only 3 good ones, one very good one. We throw any small ones back. but they are good to catch between mackerel shoals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

How far were you out? Good to here there's mackrel coming in.

thanks for the reply Ciaran sound like you had a good time.

2-3 miles out

Went well. It was a glorious day, nice and calm out there for our couple of new fishermen, and seasoned guys too! Caught a good few mackerlel and cod. 1 nice ling and a scorpion fish too. No Tope took a bite from our single Tope bait. It is early in the season, so we were very happy overall. thanks to Miamiheat for coming +1, pleasure to fish with.

That was a really nice trip Ciaran, weather compensated for lack of tope :). I am glad Jason and I joined that day.

Ciaran if you still visit that thread I have booked a boat out of Howth for Sunday august 14th.
    8 spots available for now.
    400€ split between participants (10 max)

http://www.howth-boats.com/

Cheers

Stephane

Advertisement