Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

media - emotion v information

Options
  • 08-06-2011 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

From the media at the moment I have got the impression that the French have lost the plot in terms of Irish Corporate tax rates. I can't help but take away the emotion and, low & behold, I can't find any genuine analysis. I feel I am not being informed.

- Is the emotion enough and I can accept the French are that daft?
    Or
    - Is there a lack of information? Is it, as a colleague mentoined, all to do with transfer pricing?

If there is a lack of information, why, in this democracy, am I not being informed? Why is there a preferance to 'wind me up' by the learned media?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

No, it's because the French have. They're being irrational so that Sarkozy can come across as tough and get a few votes in the election. He's being like that on a number of issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭james no.1

it depends on what you're reading, emotion v information is the classic tabloid broadsheet divide

Advertisement