Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 berth single axle caravans, fixed berth at back - know of models with this?

Options
  • 08-06-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Meant to say fixed bed (double) at the back .... doh!

So far I've come across :

Adria Adora 612 DT,
    Elddis Avante 526,
    Caravelair Ambiance Style 486, 516& 556 & Caravelair Venicia 490. (twin bunks at opposite end from double)
    Tabbert Da Vinci 540 DM_230/250 (though not certain that single axle).
    Bailey - no model that I can see,
    Fendt's - with this layout seem to be all twin axle.

These fairly new as far as I can tell so either shell out major money (cStg£16k) or wait a few years.

Anyone know of others who make this layout (great if another maker doing them for years so pick up reasonable price 2nd hand). Even think of a few more makes and I'll get googling.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭alanclarke1975

Caravelair - Charles Camping supply them. They have a huge range of layouts.

Your looking for a Fixed bed - double bed/dinette and two bunks?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

Your looking for a Fixed bed - double bed/dinette and two bunks?

Yes, ideally fixed bed at back, 2 bunks in the middle opposite the kitchen (over/instead of the min-dinette) and then 2 couches out the front which can be made a double bed.

Plan would be to leave the couches up front in place all the time (no beds), and the 2 bunks in the middle made up all the time (only 2 kids at moment).

So 6 beth a bit OTT for the numbers but gives comfort/convenience. At moment have 4 berth, and put 4 ft mattress up front instead of the couches (which we never used anyway - & made my back into a sheet of plywood!) so we're currently making up the bunks the whole time and no great seating space in the caravan ..... such hardship :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭alanclarke1975

Have you tried looking at Practical Caravan?

http://www.practicalcaravan.com/find_a_caravan_results?manufacturer=729&berths=6&x=22&y=11

Or the magazine has a handy section in the back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Did you look up Donal Buckley , in Mallow?022 22157 or DorVic caravans , up north? Two decent companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Just on the Baileys. The Hunter Lite 500/6 is single axle, six berth, light weight. However its a double up front, and two sets of bunks at the back. But you could leave one of the bunks in place all the time and the other set you can use as seating space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭db

You could also look for a double dinette, 6 berth. Leave the rear dinette set up as a bed and use the front one for sitting.

db wrote: »
    You could also look for a double dinette, 6 berth. Leave the rear dinette set up as a bed and use the front one for sitting.

Sounds interesting & could work (pop a mattress on the dinette at rear), in my trawl to date I havent come across this layout - any suggestions?, I take it you're seen this layout "in the flesh"...so to speak.:D

Lunar Lexon 570 (I'd put this in top post but no longer able to edit)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭db

Advertisement