Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 08-06-2011 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

our bathroom window vibrates, its so strong the whole bathroom vibrates.

the window has a vent in it, the vent is closed the window is shut it has 3 handles to close with, the side ones are closed the middle on is open, i walk upstairs and the whole bathroom is vibrating. i open window it stops, i close window tight but do not lock it and it sets the vibration off again. seems to happen in strong winds but only once in a blue moon (for one min up to 5 mins the vibes come in waves some stonger some not as strong but very loud and sets the bathroom floor vibration), we get strong winds a lot.

I had the dishwasher on at the time the bathroom is over the kitchen.

Any ideas?

at the moment all handles are closed and no noise, dishwasher on. the last episode happened about 15 mins ago....... no trucks outside or workmen......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Is the whole window and frame vibrating, or is it just the pane of glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

The wall and the floor and the frame aswell as the window pane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

The wall and the floor and the frame aswell as the window pane.

Is you're house made of cardboard?

Ah no, joking aside that sounds really bizarre. The wall and floor vibrates with the draught coming in from the window? Its a new one to me.

there is no draft either, jsut vibrating and its really noisey, as in louder than a washing machine going ape s**t. opening the window stops the noise, ive never felt an eathquake, but i would presume its something like that, however the only room affected was the bathroom upstairs.

think if you lived on a busy road with heavy traffic (lorries) or near a train line you could get simular noise however we are in a quiet estate.

very wierd, if i hear the noise again i grab my video camera and record it and post it up.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement