Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review Request: Motorola XTR446 Walkie-Talkies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

They are good, but mine stopped working inexplicably after a year or so of not heavy use so I personally couldn't recommend them, although I know a lot of people have no issue with them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

They are good, but mine stopped working inexplicably after a year or so of not heavy use so I personally couldn't recommend them, although I know a lot of people have no issue with them
    According to the link they have a two year warranty...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

I think the other half of my pair is currently in NewZealand... :o

Warranty aside, I think they should have lasted better than they did

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I think the other half of my pair is currently in NewZealand... :o

Warranty aside, I think they should have lasted better than they did

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate that...but that's why the manufacturers give you a warranty. They too believe it should do a lot better than it did, and since yours did not live up to that, they will rectify the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

I've had my pair for over a year, love them. Very hard wearing, clear, and no frequency leakage. Only issue I have is that when they are used with my replica calvary headset you lose the opening second of a transmission, not a major issue but when you have people at the other end of the comms who tend to blurt things out with no radio protocol it can get annoy (then again thats annoying regardless!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭shopper2011

My mtotrola xtr446 have stopped working. It seems online alot of people have the same problem. A handset will lock inot transmit only mode and it is not possible to get it out or reset them. I paid 150euro three years ago when they first came out. About seven days later the problem began. I brought em back to the shop who forwarded them to motorola. Motorola sent them back and never fixed them saying it wasn't a warrenty issue. They never worked and I put them away thinking I'll get that sorted. Still trying three years later and cannot seem to sort them.
    Anybody ever fix this common probolem with xtr446. Please, please let me know.
    The well touted idea of resetting using,+/- ptt and power on does not work, so please don't suggest it.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Marcin B

We use XTR446 at work and they perform great. They're very rugged and easy to hold (they're covered in rubberised plastic). My only issue with them is the size, plastic clips that tend to break easily and muffled sounds from the speaker (I'm guessing it's because all those seals). I've never tested how waterproof they really are but I remember a video of a guy using it under shower. One more thing: we had some issues with some of the radios not charging at all. It turned out that contacts on the battery cover need to bent inwards from time to time.

I do own TLKR T8 as well. I've been using it less than a year but I can already say that it is rainproof. The range and quality of transmission is way better than on XTR. It's slimmer and screen is easily readable at night. LED lamp is actually quite handy and the clip is very robust. It takes longer to charge it but it lasts longer as well. I cannot comment on well it handles effects of gravity but I don't think it can take a punch like XTR.

Advertisement