Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Ping Times in Area

Options
  • 07-06-2011 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey guys

The ping times in my area are atrocious, unless it's 2am, and this makes gaming/watching videos almost impossible.

I've been on the forums before and was told to call eircom support/sales, and they insist that it's my line.

I know for a fact it's not my line, even though it's not great, I'm not the only one in my area experiencing this problem.

If I were to play a game with people from my area, we could watch the ping times rise and fall, all simultaneously.

The exchange obviously has too many people on it, as this kind of congestion is ridiculous. Not enough people are complaining and just put up with it, but I'm tired of not being able to use a service I pay for.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hey guys

The ping times in my area are atrocious, unless it's 2am, and this makes gaming/watching videos almost impossible.

I've been on the forums before and was told to call eircom support/sales, and they insist that it's my line.

I know for a fact it's not my line, even though it's not great, I'm not the only one in my area experiencing this problem.

If I were to play a game with people from my area, we could watch the ping times rise and fall, all simultaneously.

The exchange obviously has too many people on it, as this kind of congestion is ridiculous. Not enough people are complaining and just put up with it, but I'm tired of not being able to use a service I pay for.

Hi Seckz Panther,

I will check out the issue in more detail with managers in broadband technical support. It may take a few take a few days before I get back to you with an update.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Seckz Panther

Thanks Mark

Advertisement