Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker Tournament for boards.ie members

Options
  • 07-06-2011 11:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

I'm just testing the water to see if anyone is interested in a snooker tournament. I'll organise it and put up a trophy, maybe it could be run once a year?
    Any ideas or comments post them here or pm me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Interesting. Would have to get a lot.....of practice in before being cleaned out but what the heck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭bren2001

If my highest break exceeded 30 id try but I think ill stick to the practice table for another year (well my first year but...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

would have to be handicapped.......alot of dark horses here i think.......and i'm 1 of them,lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Yeah I guessing the same thing, handicap is the only way to go, hasn't really been much feedback or interest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Spiderpig92

venue???

• Advertisement

CrossGuns

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Spiderpig92

ah come on! needs to have some level of neutrality, what about the snooker posters here not from dublin, needs to be more centrally based, to be fair

It's just an idea, I don't think there are many boards members that play in CrossGuns.
    As I said I was just testing the water to see if there was any interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Just seen this now, Great idea.. iv a break of around 30

I try my heart out..sometimes do good..sometimes do sh1t

C'mon lads get your names down, no excuses. Won't cost too much and will be a good night for sure!

Copy and paste the list of names lads & ladies
    I'll start

1 giant_midget (Alan)

• Advertisement

Thanks Alan, let's see how many we can get, would like to get 16 names for the first boards tournament, I'll arrange the draw, reduced table rates and put up a trophy, with the right interest we could run this maybe once or twice a year, more often if needed?

zack01 wrote: »
    Thanks Alan, let's see how many we can get, would like to get 16 names for the first boards tournament, I'll arrange the draw, reduced table rates and put up a trophy, with the right interest we could run this maybe once or twice a year, more often if needed?

That sounds great, Fingers crossed we get the numbers. It's good to have a meet so people can put faces to the names and have a bit of banter!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Sounds like a great idea, but unfortunately for me I'm not living in Ireland any more so wouldn't be able to take part. I wouldn't be that much of a threat for the trophy anyway :P Next time I'm back I might try pop into Crossguns though Zack, maybe you can give me a few tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I would possibly be interested. Ive never played in any competition though. How would the handicap system work? I used to play 3 or 4 times a week and my best break is 68. 40 is about as good as it gets now though and when Im bad, Im woeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dehna

Im game! sounds like a laugh, keep me up to date Zack, fair play:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dehna

Count me in Zack, might be just what I need, put the lessons I had to some good use!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭clanard

Yeah I would be interested too Zack, good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

i'd play too, i went for my first game of snooker in a very long time.... only missed a few balls.... :):) nice to be back :)
    clanard wrote: »
    Yeah I would be interested too Zack, good idea.

Advertisement