Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRSI or USC - what am i entitled to being out of for a few weeks with an injury?

Options
  • 07-06-2011 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Ok so i dont often go on boards.ie but i was told it was the best place to find an answer to this question. Basically i got second degree burns down the back of my arm, not at work, and the doctors and employers do not want me back in work till the 16.06.11 and this started on the 1.06.11 so thats me loosing out on alot of money because i dont get paid sick days and with no medical card and alot of trips to the doctor you can see the pickle i am in. I have been working this job since 23.08.10 and i was wondering whats the story with PRSI and if i am entitled to anything and if so where should i go? the Dole Office or the Community Welfare Office or both? any info would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks O.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I think the folks in State Benefits will be best to help here ... moving thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

if you have enough PRSI contributions paid, you might be entitled to illness benefit from the department of protection (formerly social welfare). you have to go back to your GP, ask him for a Social Welfare Cert. Fill it out. bring it to the dole office. Then go to the Community Welfare Officer and tell him/her your story.

Advertisement