Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin map update - how to install more than one country?

Options
  • 07-06-2011 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

a while ago I updated my Garmin nuvi 250, because I was going on a road trip and wanted the most up to date maps.

About a month after that I went to continental Europe and realised to my horror that all my maps bar the Irish one had gone after the update. I remembered that during the update it said the space on the Garmin is not big enough for all Western Europe, but I assumed if I'd just update Irleand than that this would be the only one updated. I didn't realise all the others would be gone.

So, now I am going away again and I want to finally load more than one map. I need the German map, but would like to keep the Irish one on it. The MapUpdater doesn't let me choose more than oine country. How do I go about this? I'm clueless :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

I'd say you should use MapInstall and select the countries as required once you dont exceed the limit. You should see a bar graph type indicator on the RHS. Ensure it remains in the green zone. HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 songbirds

Hi everyone,

a while ago I updated my Garmin nuvi 250, because I was going on a road trip and wanted the most up to date maps.

About a month after that I went to continental Europe and realised to my horror that all my maps bar the Irish one had gone after the update. I remembered that during the update it said the space on the Garmin is not big enough for all Western Europe, but I assumed if I'd just update Irleand than that this would be the only one updated. I didn't realise all the others would be gone.

So, now I am going away again and I want to finally load more than one map. I need the German map, but would like to keep the Irish one on it. The MapUpdater doesn't let me choose more than oine country. How do I go about this? I'm clueless :confused:

Hi I have just had the same experience trying to upload map updates. I was lucky enough to check the updates using the Irish maps, only to find that the last update (France - I kept choosing updates one by one as the message about "enough space" also appeared, so I though I would just load the countries I thought I would use in the near future.

Last night I finally reloaded Ireland and UK maps and tried to test how "up-to-date" they actually are. I live in Dublin and tried to make a journey on the M50 (Castleknock to Leopardstown). With the new road structure on the M50 at the Blanchardstown exit, I now have to travel via Auburn Ave to get onto the M50 Southbound. Leaving Laurel Lodge I was prompted to "turn left" which was the way I used to travel before the new structure came into effect at the end of 2010. I decided to follow the instructions to see where it would lead me - what a disaster. These maps are just not "up to date". Has anyone else had this experience. I am considering looking for a refund on my credit card as I don't trust the accuracy of this latest update.

Any ideas anyone?

Advertisement