Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sci fi/fan books that feature Dinosaurs

Options
  • 07-06-2011 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Ages ago I read Footprints of Thunder,Sound of Thunder, Jurassic Park, The Lost World, etc and lots of comics featuring Dinosaurs, like any kid I suppose
    I do like my Dinosaur books. However there dont seem to be many around, anyone got any recommendations ?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Neal Asher's "Cowl" features time travel and, for one longish segment, they jump back to the time of dinosaurs. He features a lot of cool monsters in his books as a whole, albeit not dinosaurs.
    Funnily enough I can't think of many others off the top of my head.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Offhand, Alan Dean Foster wrote a series, Dinotopia I believe.
    As well, Harry Harrison wrote a series "West of Eden", an alternative world with intelligent dinosaurs. IMHO not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Dinosaur Summer by Greg Bear is ok, but not sure if you'd call it Sci-Fi, but it is, in many ways, a sequel to The Lost World.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I gave up trying to remember more books to add to this thread and resorted to google. Sure enough, someone has compiled an exhaustive list:-

http://www.irosf.com/q/zine/article/10045

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I bloody loved Dinotopia when I was a child. I couldn't tell you now if they're any good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Thanks lads, going to try and get a few online and see how I get on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Dinosaur Planet and the sequel Dinosaur Planet: The Survivors by Anne McCaffrey (most famous for the dragon riders of Pern series) are ok.

Advertisement