Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Import Car from UK

Options
  • 07-06-2011 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi

As of June 2011, the new Mercedes C-Class is 25,525 GBP (28,590 EUR) in the UK but the lowest base model in Ireland is 36,350 EUR.

Thats 7 760 EUR in the difference.

So my question is how much would the VRT be on this car... I went to revenue.ie but their calculator result was:

Vehicle Registration Tax: €13044

which makes the car much more expensive!??! so im confused I thought there was some advantage to buying in the UK.

Can anyone enlighten me???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

DaveIe wrote: »
    Hi

As of June 2011, the new Mercedes C-Class is 25,525 GBP (28,590 EUR) in the UK but the lowest base model in Ireland is 36,350 EUR.

Thats 7 760 EUR in the difference.

So my question is how much would the VRT be on this car... I went to revenue.ie but their calculator result was:

Vehicle Registration Tax: €13044

which makes the car much more expensive!??! so im confused I thought there was some advantage to buying in the UK.

Can anyone enlighten me???

Thanks
    You're paying VAT in the uk price which you can claim back on return to ireland but if the car is less than 6 months or 6000km you need to pay the vat as well as vet in ireland.

Advertisement