Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Software?

Options
  • 07-06-2011 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi

Im looking for software to convert MP4 ect.. to Avi and also looking get a software to burn DVDs for me, if ye can please help me out, if they are free ones it would be much better thanks:)

ps. any other good recommend software for anything else..they might come in handy in the futrue...:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

http://handbrake.fr/ might be useful for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Healy Boy

is this a converter or a dvd burner?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Format Factory is decent enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

handbrake is a converter, Format Factory also is a converter.
    So far I didn't find some good and even free program that can burn DVDs, but I got a cool program from giveawayoftheday.com which named Aneesoft DVD creator, works great on DVD burning, can import different video formats (even HD videos) such as AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, DivX, VOB, M2TS and MKV for outputting to home movie DVDs, as well as create DVD folders and ISO image files, no need to do converting before the burning.
    However, pity is now the giveaway is over, you can google it and try the free trial version at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I use Super for conversion

and Avi2DVD for making dvds

both free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

DVD Flick works with over 45 formats (including .mp4 and .mkv), removing the need for conversion to .avi before burning to DVD.

Ripit4me for the reverse trip.

Advertisement