Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishfishkeepers mod

Options
  • 07-06-2011 11:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

Just starting this thread to see if anyone else has had this problem.

If there is one thing I cannot stand is being side lined with no chance to speak your mind and argue a point. This happened on the above site.

The story is

A few weeks ago I joined fishkeepers and fishforums. Which I visit every day religiously. After a short time I realised that many people use both sites and often just copy and paste posts, especially in the buy and sell section.

Personaly. I prefer fishforum so I mostly stick to that. So this is what happened.

Just starting out, I mainly posted on FK to buy stuff for my tank to get up and running, and on Saturday night, when someone put up some free fish, I happily accepted these. A few minutes later, one of the mods posted on the thread something like this

" of your 44 posts, most of them have been in the free section. Its about time you gave to this forum instead of always taking"

I was obviously taken aback by this and thought it was very rude. So I explained that I have bought most of my stuff from the forum and only got one free thing. We then got into a discussion in which he said that if I have nothing to give then I shouldn't be in the but and sell section. I explained that as I was only starting out and have no knowledge of fish then how could I contribute. He was very rude and posted assumptions about what type of person I was , as he only read my posts and doesn't know me personally I thought this was terrible behaviour for a mod.

Anyway, I said that the next day I would blitz the forum with posts, making my presence in the for sale category just. To which he replied " well you said you will do it and now you have to"

It was at this stage that I said to myself, well its 2am on a Saturday, this Guy must be drunk.

When I woke up next morning, I was gone from the site, my log in no longer worked. And the thread was deleted. I can't even post or get in touch with any other mod to plead my case

Its a novel way of putting new people off a community web site.

Has anyone else had a problem like this and what was the out come of your situation.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

This isnt the place to be talking about it to be honest,as it has nothing to do with this website or forum..

Advertisement