Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron 1721 Ram Issues

Options
  • 07-06-2011 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, I have a Dell inspiron 1721, the problem is when i try to put a 2Gb stick of ram in the slot under the keyboard the laptop wont turn on just lights flash (cap lock etc) but when i take it back out it boots up fine. I have 2 Gb installed underneath and its the right ram for it beacause it is the match of the other 2 Gb installed it's driving me nuts at this stage any info on what it could be is appreciated ! Thanks In Advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

swap the sticks around , if you still have probs with the same slot , it sounds that the slot under keyboard is faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Does the laptop work if you have the original ram in the slot under the keyboard ?

Sounds to me like either one of your sticks of ram is faulty or the slot on the motherboard is faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 risky_rider

I orignally had a 1gb in the slot under the keyboard then it stopped working so i got 2 x 2GB stiicks. They both work fine in the slot under the motherboard but if i try stick one underneath the keyboard the laptop won't boot at all just cap locks key etc flash ????

well if the one and two gig don't work under keyb slot sounds like that slot is faulty , does the one gig work in the other slot if it does , the slot under keyb is shot.

ye it works under the motherboard grand just when i stick it under the keyboard nothing any idea how much it would be to be fixed Thanks For the Info

• Advertisement

alot have a look on ebay for a 1721 board

No Prob Thanks for the Info :D

Advertisement