Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avast Security Warning

Options
  • 07-06-2011 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Ihave just got the following message from Avast :

" You are opening an application that may be potentially unsafe.
    we strongly recommend opening this application in the virtual environment of avast sandbox to avoid risk to your computer.

File C\Program Files\Common Files\...NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
    Opened by C\Windows\system32\svchost.exe

Action to take Open in sandbox (recommended)
    Open normally
    Cancel opening

If I click the ok box "Open in sandbox (recommended)"
    it goes away but returns again after a few minutes.
    If I click "cancel Opening box" it goes away but returns again after a few minutes.
    There is also a "Remember my answer for this program box but it is not working/disabled.

I have never seen this before, and I am not using any programs and have not loaded any new programs recently.

I would appreciate any input ?

Cheers

Jay

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

From doing a google search of the program (NMIndexStoreSvr.exe) it says its to do with Nero 7, do you have that on your computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi,

Sorry, no Nero 7.

Cheers

Jay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mario_250r

Hi, i had the same problem and I had nero 7 installed, I uninstalled and the warning is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi,

I do not have Nero, so that is not the cause, for my system.
    Something else must be doing it.
    ??????????????

Cheers

Jay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Someone started a Topic on the Avast Forums about the same thing here. No reply yet though. It definitely seems to be connected to Nero Scout.

Could it have been installed at any stage?
    File C\Program Files\Common Files\...NMIndexStoreSvr.exe

The File path leads back to program files.

Install and run CCleaner and click on the Tools Icon on the left and under the Uninstall and Startup Tabs see if you see anything to do with Nero, if not then try running the "Cleaner" and "Registry" Tabs, there could be some dead registry link.

Run Malwarebytes aswell just incase.....in safe mode. (Keep pressing F8 when turning computer on for Safe Mode)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

http://www.nero.com/enu/tools-utilities.html the general clean tool is good at ridding you of any lasting bits and pieces.

Advertisement