Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop picture frame!

Options
  • 07-06-2011 12:00am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, thought i'd share my little project that i decided to put together today. It's a picture frame PC. As the name suggests, it's main purpose in life will be to display my pictures. But it's a fully functional pc too running Windows 7 so i'll have to use it for something better than that!

The netbook that was used, is a Advent 4211, or an MSI wind. I had to completely remove the screen/hinges to allow me to flip the screen around. It was a bit of a pain, and i was extremely hungover, so i wasn't exactly thinking straight!

Well here it is:
    161977.jpg

The actual laptop, is held onto the back with card board and a lot of sellotape! It seems to be working well, i just have to see if i can get WOL to work on the machine so i can wake it up remotely.

Oh and i'm controlling it using LogMeIn from my main computer. I may see if i can get a hold of Dameware, or something similar to connect to it. But LogMeIn works well for now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Ha, you have way too much time on your hands, an overly expensive digital photo frame.

Get a wireless / bluetooth keyboard with trackpad to make it a bit more functional I guess.

Make it double as a media server if you dont have one, although I suspect you do hence the unorthodox use of extra netbook.

Wireless CCTV viewing station if you are paranoid.

Advertisement