Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC sensation

Options
  • 06-06-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

need some help. I've just bought a HTC Sensation, but I'm having a couple of problems. I can't figure out how to do the following:

• Exit the internet without turning off the wireless or turning off the operator's service.
    • Change the settings on the phone so that it does not show the contacts on the SIM card.
    • Prevent apps starting that I don't want to use (exit apps that I am using
    Any help is grately appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭First Focus

Sorry now , i can't help with this, but i#d love to know how you like this phone, i was gonna buy a iphone , now i'm looking at the htc sensation, the reviews seem to think it is a better alround phone than iphone, (which i loved and lost, but i suppose it was better than not loving at all :(),thanks for answering if you do

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭love that turbo

You dont need to exit any apps fully. The phones OS is based on Linux which is very cever at managing its own memory.

Dont think of it like windows!!!!

Cannt help you on the other two

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Clauric wrote: »
    Hey all,

need some help. I've just bought a HTC Sensation, but I'm having a couple of problems. I can't figure out how to do the following:

• Exit the internet without turning off the wireless or turning off the operator's service.
    • Change the settings on the phone so that it does not show the contacts on the SIM card.

You can force close the browser from the settings menu, but as said already Android knows when to close apps. Or use a browser from the market (i like dolphin HD) press & hold the back button to exit.

For the contacts, open "people" app press menu, select view and tick/untick as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

I bought the phone on Sunday. It has some good points, and some ok points, compared to my previous phone (Nokia N97 mini).

First big difference is Android, compared to Symbian. Very different interface, but seems to be more positive. Definately easier to use, but seems slightly less logical. The instruction manuals are less clear than the Nokia (and only found on the net), and the battery life seems a bit smaller.

However, sating that, it is a far more responsive phone to use.

Overall, I would give it a 4.5 out of 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Did anyone buy this on PAYG from vodafone or CPW shop and have it unlocked? Think I might do that instead of ordering it online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Bought mine about a week ago online ( Bill Pay ) and it's unlock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭madarekrap

Macca3000 wrote: »
    Did anyone buy this on PAYG from vodafone or CPW shop and have it unlocked? Think I might do that instead of ordering it online.

I got it from CPW on Meteor Bill Pay and it's unlocked...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Clauric wrote: »
    Hey all,

To stop from showing contacts on sim, go to the people app, settings, and from there you can choose which contacts/types of co.tacts to show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Macca3000 wrote: »

Got a PAYG Vodafone from CPW yesterday, unlocked. Even though the rep told me on the phone they are locked...

Advertisement