Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GEOECOLOGY HELP: Human interaction Biome

Options
  • 06-06-2011 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

''examine TWO ways in which human activities have altered the natural characteristics of a biome you have studied''

How do you divide your aspects up for this one??

And also for plant/animal adaptation for soils/climate, is it acceptable to divide your aspects up into:

leaves (plants)
    Roots/trunks (plants)
    camouflage/colour (animals)
    Body structure (animals)

Could someone PLEASE help me!!

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

Did this question earlier today. I divided it in 4.. because the marking scheme always asks for 3 or 4... but you divide the 3/4 in to 2 groups. Yes, it's confusing!

For human interaction I used:
    - De-forestation
    - Permament residence
    - Tourism
    - Industrial

I do mine in Irish so the headings might not be the exact vocabulary!

Your adaption question sounds good. The water absorbtion, radial and deep roots, and the epefermal (short living) plants.

And the animals sound perfect!

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 RedBlueRedBlue

brian93 wrote: »
    Did this question earlier today. I divided it in 4.. because the marking scheme always asks for 3 or 4... but you divide the 3/4 in to 2 groups. Yes, it's confusing!

For human interaction I used:
    - De-forestation
    - Permament residence
    - Tourism
    - Industrial

I do mine in Irish so the headings might not be the exact vocabulary!

Your adaption question sounds good. The water absorbtion, radial and deep roots, and the epefermal (short living) plants.

And the animals sound perfect!

:cool:

Go raibh maith agat

okay that was cheesy.... thanks, appreciate that!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

I just wrote out an answer to that, got it from exam skills.
    It was on the coniferous forests in Sweden mainly, and it refered to acid rain and how it affects the biome in a few different ways.. has two main affects headings but discusses a few different ways within those headings.
    I'm not entirely happy with it though. I'm wondering if i could add in deforestation as a lesser effect just to reinforce the answer? My problem is most of the notes, in fact ALL notes I have on deforestation is related to rainforests in brazil etc.. Could i still use this info?? Just replace the work rainforest with coniferous forest?? :)

Sorry for hijacking your thread!! :) But seeing as it was the same question I thought it'd be better than making another thread! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

''examine TWO ways in which human activities have altered the natural characteristics of a biome you have studied''

How do you divide your aspects up for this one??

And also for plant/animal adaptation for soils/climate, is it acceptable to divide your aspects up into:

leaves (plants)
    Roots/trunks (plants)
    camouflage/colour (animals)
    Body structure (animals)

Could someone PLEASE help me!!

Thanks

for the human interference try to combine a few factors together like subtitles such a factors by mncs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

Any1 have any sample answers on human impact? The one in the exam skills is fairly pants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

Gav77 wrote: »
    Any1 have any sample answers on human impact? The one in the exam skills is fairly pants
    I took the one outa that, but was planning on adding deforestation to it as well.. that would bulk it enough i'd say?

Advertisement