Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Attendant!

Options
  • 06-06-2011 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

So I'm finding out tomorrow whether or not I have the LC of JC.. Fingers crossed for the LC.
    I know it will be incredibly boring but the pay is good :D

Does anyone know if I get paid for the whole length of the exam no matter what or is it just the length of time the students in my room take?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Just the length of time that the students are in. It's down to luck because near the end with the less common exams, they combine exam centres so whoever your invigilator is may finish up early, whereas somebody else with a different invigilator may not finish until the very end!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

You get paid for length of the exam yep..... Like last year all of the Irish ol class were finished in about 30 mins so I just got paid for it. But say if there are no students siting an exam then you won't. The supervisior will let you know when you don't have to come in etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

Oh right :( I was hoping that i would get paid the full time even if the students didn't stay that long.. however, I knew that I didn't get paid for exams our school doesn't do :L, lol! thanks! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

So I'm finding out tomorrow whether or not I have the LC of JC.. Fingers crossed for the LC.
    I know it will be incredibly boring but the pay is good :D

Does anyone know if I get paid for the whole length of the exam no matter what or is it just the length of time the students in my room take?

Thanks!

You get paid by the length of the exam. . .there are different rates for different lengths, regardless of LC or JC. . .but the LC exams are longer, so. . .

The pay is not as good as you're being led to believe. . .as far as I can remember, its €16.16 for a 2.5 hour exam, and €13.13 for a 2 hr exam. . . in a large school, you may end long before the end of the exams, as they integrate the exam centres after the mandatory and popular subjects are over. . .you're probably guaranteed around €230, rising to about €360 if you're into the end of the LC's. . .

I did it the last 2 years. . .got around €280 first year for 9 days of LC, and around €325 2nd year for the entire JC. . .

BRING LOTS OF ENTERTAINMENT. . .If you're the writing type, this is your chance to write a novel. . .if you're reading, try War And Peace. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Oh right :( I was hoping that i would get paid the full time even if the students didn't stay that long

You do!

• Advertisement

You get paid by the length of the exam. . .there are different rates for different lengths, regardless of LC or JC. . .but the LC exams are longer, so. . .

The pay is not as good as you're being led to believe. . .as far as I can remember, its €16.16 for a 2.5 hour exam, and €13.13 for a 2 hr exam. . . in a large school, you may end long before the end of the exams, as they integrate the exam centres after the mandatory and popular subjects are over. . .you're probably guaranteed around €230, rising to about €360 if you're into the end of the LC's. . .

I did it the last 2 years. . .got around €280 first year for 9 days of LC, and around €325 2nd year for the entire JC. . .

BRING LOTS OF ENTERTAINMENT. . .If you're the writing type, this is your chance to write a novel. . .if you're reading, try War And Peace. . .

Our school only has around 200 doing LC and JC. so my chance are quite good for getting the LC till the end :D but yeh, I get what you mean about the pay but I meant more that you do nothing and I'll get to have grat craic with my friends at lunch etc, I need the money and I'd be doing v.little at home anyway :P

You do!

Oh! Well there are two very contradicting comments between you and another person but you sound right. I'd always thought that!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Our school only has around 200 doing LC and JC. so my chance are quite good for getting the LC till the end :D but yeh, I get what you mean about the pay but I meant more that you do nothing and I'll get to have grat craic with my friends at lunch etc, I need the money and I'd be doing v.little at home anyway :P

Yep, tis an easy gig alright, if you're doin nothing else, it's a perfect one. . .

Be as friendly as possible to the early-outs, especially in an isolated exam centre. . .it's a lonely gig sometimes, and the JC's are good to stick around, especially in the middle exams. . .

Yep, tis an easy gig alright, if you're doin nothing else, it's a perfect one. . .

Be as friendly as possible to the early-outs, especially in an isolated exam centre. . .it's a lonely gig sometimes, and the JC's are good to stick around, especially in the middle exams. . .

There are only 6 attendant so hoefully I'll get the LC till the end :rolleyes:.. Gunna head out tmoro to buy some books/mags etc :L

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I think you're getting confused, OP.

You get paid for the entire length of the exams you attend, even if all the students happen to finish early and leave before the end of the exam.

But you do not get paid for exams which you aren't an attendant for. Say there are 4 LC invigilators. In the final week of exams, they may combine exam centres so there will only be 2 LC invigilators now (for example) - if you are an attendant for one of the invigilators that is finished, then you too are finished and will get paid only for the exams you attended to that date. By the end of exams, those 2 centres may become only one centre (For example, there might only be a few people doing Applied Maths).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Better get practicing your cups of tea. I had a pretty picky superintendent who insisted she bring in her own teabag and milk, but you might not be that lucky :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Framble

You can help me cheat, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Handy few quid if your doing nothing else. Good luck with it!

I think you're getting confused, OP.

You get paid for the entire length of the exams you attend, even if all the students happen to finish early and leave before the end of the exam.

But you do not get paid for exams which you aren't an attendant for. Say there are 4 LC invigilators. In the final week of exams, they may combine exam centres so there will only be 2 LC invigilators now (for example) - if you are an attendant for one of the invigilators that is finished, then you too are finished and will get paid only for the exams you attended to that date. By the end of exams, those 2 centres may become only one centre (For example, there might only be a few people doing Applied Maths).

By the way you phrased it i misread it.. I thought it was what way but i just wanted to check.. thanks anyways

Advertisement