Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying 2 get free Broadband

Options
  • 06-06-2011 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I know before I start it is wrong 4 asking this, but i have imagine, nd the thing is that its slow noting i can do bout it. i ring them nd they say its because im surrounded by eircom customers which i am.
    They say that the exchange takes the stronger signels which comes from the eircom, nd that i should basicly go on at a time when i think there will be ' No Traffic'.
    I have heard that you can hack into eircoms broadband when there is people around u that have it. I have asked my neighbours that i would split the bill wit them but they are being ***** bout it.
    Why should i be paying 4 20mb nd only getting the bones of 1mb because eircom take all the signel. Any help on trying to hack into the eircom would be brill.

Thanks.

P.S. If u dont agree with what im asking, you dont have to tell me, i know its bad, but im left with no other choice.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Your post is a bit hard to decipher in places.
    I take it that you are on imagine bitstream dsl?
    What package are you on?
    What speeds are you getting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

If any of my neighbours asked if they could share in my broadband connection id tell them the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jpkidd

If any of my neighbours asked if they could share in my broadband connection id tell them the same thing.
    I was trying to be nice, nd i offered to pay half the bill. Just cause u cant be helpfull, thats why ppl like me try to do something wit themselfs nd its ppl like u that try nd stop them.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jpkidd

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Your post is a bit hard to decipher in places.
    I take it that you are on imagine bitstream dsl?
    What package are you on?
    What speeds are you getting?
    Im supposed to be getting up 2 20mb, but im getting only round 1 or 2.
    im on the same 1 im all the time it was a deal when they 1st started. it bout 45 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I would share mine with a neighbour if they asked especially if they paid something toward the bill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Cancel your direct debit to imagine then you will have broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Hacking someones WiFi isn't just "bad", in fact its stealing, therefore illegal, so you're not going to get an answer on that here.

Why don't you log into your router, post your line stats, and we can try help with your own broadband issues? Are you connecting via wireless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

roast wrote: »
    Hacking someones WiFi isn't just "bad", in fact its stealing, therefore illegal, so you're not going to get an answer on that here.

Exactly. If eircom are providing a better service where you are why don't you switch to them?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If you expect people to read your posts and offer you advice then the very least you can do is post in plain English rather than textese!:mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Big Lar wrote: »
    Cancel your direct debit to imagine then you will have broadband

This is irresponsible advice which is only going to get a bill payer into more trouble.

The dd is only a method of paying a bill - cancelling it has no impact whatsoever on the obligation to pay contract charges that you have agreed to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Jpkidd please stop with the text speak here on boards, you have a full keyboard infront of you so use all the keys properly!

Nobody here is going to help you "hack" anything, if you look for any help or advice on how to do this you will be banned (this is your only warning). Its not simply a case of people not agreeing with you its a case of it being against the rules and illegal.

If your neighbour didn't want to share their wifi connection they are perfectly entitled to this decision. Rather then complaining about your neighbours I'd suggest you deal with Imagine and work towards getting your connection working.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement