Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mma club reccomendation?

Options
  • 06-06-2011 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

In Far North Dublin but will travel as have transport

Could people give me a run down of clubs in North Dublin and also ones worth checking out in Dublin at all if there better

What i'd like to know is there styles, success and areas there based

Any details on the clubs would make choosing club easier

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Go to closest 1, lots of great clubs north side-team ryano, kyujo gym, primal, xtreme and don't forget Kokoro who you trained with before and I'm sure would welcome you back, just dont tell any who you are as they might not be happy to say you train with them due to your outspoken comments

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

cowzerp wrote: »
    Go to closest 1, lots of great clubs north side-team ryano, kyujo gym, primal, xtreme and don't forget Kokoro who you trained with before and I'm sure would welcome you back, just dont tell any who you are as they might not be happy to say you train with them due to your outspoken comments

Paul forgot to mention Rush FA too :P

How deep in North Dublin are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Come on surely someones going to mention the obvious??

Sbg?? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Come on surely someones going to mention the obvious??

Sbg?? :pac:

Dont mention the Liffey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

I was contacted on face book this afternoon by the guy who's fb profile is linked to MMAIRELANDFAN. I was asked the same question but he tried to lead me on how I would compare Extreme, Rush, Ryano and SBG. When I told him to try all he tried to press me again. I then pointed out the fact that he was linked directly to the MMAIRELAND user. He denied it and siad it must be someone taking the piss as it's nothing to do with him. Lol that was half an hour before this thread was started. I believe there might be another motive for this thread

• Advertisement

Killme00 wrote: »
    Paul forgot to mention Rush FA ?

I didn't forget ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

you just didnt want him!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

I was contacted on face book this afternoon by the guy who's fb profile is linked to MMAIRELANDFAN.
    I then pointed out the fact that he was linked directly to the MMAIRELAND user. He denied it and siad it must be someone taking the piss as it's nothing to do with him.

And BANG!
    The facebook link is gone from his page :eek:
    Does this count as a ninja edit if its on his page?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

The guy should be banned anyway in my opinion. He seems to just troll all the time but gets away with it longer than anybody else would.

Dean09 wrote: »
    The guy should be banned anyway in my opinion. He seems to just troll all the time but gets away with it longer than anybody else would.

He broke 1 rule and got punished, you have just broke 1 and are not-I'm keeping a keen eye on him and once he sticks within charter it's irrelevant if you don't like him.

As far as him coming to my club, if he does I Wont want to know who he is..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

he broke one , but he pushed an aweful lot to the limit.. but i'll leave the modding to you lot.. i've no doubt he'll revert to type soon enough anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

If people know who this guy is could they expose him? That might make him a bit more reluctant to slag people off and drag people's name through the mud.

Lads keep private individuals off this unless you want a ban, if he wants to be unknown that's his choice, what happens by pm is not my business but nit in this forum, anyway get back in topic.

Lads keep private individuals off this unless you want a ban, if he wants to be unknown that's his choice, what happens by pm is not my business but nit in this forum, anyway get back in topic.

I found his face book account on his boards.ie user profile weeks ago. But as stated above it has now been removed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

I found his face book account on his boards.ie user profile weeks ago. But as stated above it has now been removed!!

i removed that as people are been way too nosey and it's not there business.

People all seemed over interested in knowing who i am and are offended that i am not a big name in MMA so am not entitled to an opinion

Even though this is a private forum where i don't have to tell people who i am

If you want to speak to me direct you can pm me

Could you all please stick to my original question or i will start reporting harrasment.

If you'd like to reccomend a club then do it here please.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

To add to this i spend lot's of time in Belfast due to work commitments but only plan on been a trainee

Is that accepted considering i'm not planning on competing unless the coach asks me to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Well, for someone who trawls the forum as much as yourself surely you have an idea on what gyms are the best.

I would recommend Kyuzo. I've never trained there, I've only competed in IP tournaments. There is a nerd/awful jokes side to Barry which would make me want to train with him / which none of my friends get when i make them.

HOWEVER, Like Paul he would probably be the first to tell you where to go if he found out it was you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Wonky Knees

He broke 1 rule and got punished, you have just broke 1 and are not-I'm keeping a keen eye on him and once he sticks within charter it's irrelevant if you don't like him.

As far as him coming to my club, if he does I Wont want to know who he is..

Maybe it's time for a new rule?

Maybe it's time for a new rule?

Questioning things might be irritating but if we make a rule that you cant question people then we're just going to ban everything that we don't like, I'm suprised John that you liked that as been open to answer questions is surely agood thing for you and the community.

If you dont agree with what he says then the answer is simple, either prove him wrong with facts or put him on Block.

I've had reported posts from people who feel he is been victimised on here and have not acted on them yet but i will soon if it keeps up.

On a side note-i am pretty sure i have only had 1 reported post about him so maybe all you who want to mod the situation should hiot report if you see an infringement by him or by anyone on here so it can be dealt with.

Most infractions are caught that way and not simply by me reading and banning etc.

Questioning things might be irritating but if we make a rule that you cant question people then we're just going to ban everything that we don't like, I'm suprised John that you liked that as been open to answer questions is surely agood thing for you and the community.

Paul I've got no problem with people questioning things provided that they are genuine. I think that it is time to introduce some sort of rule to ad some protection on this forum to promoters. Every part of this industry is as important as the next and should be afforded the same courtesy. People might not like it but it's fact. I'm not suggesting that you introduce a "no promoter/promotion bashing" rule, but I think that its getting to the stage where if unfounded rubbish is going to be posted then it should be backed up with solid facts or removed and the user infracted

• Advertisement

John you have reported zero post's on here over him, also Promoters need to be questioned as do clubs etc otherwise standards will drop-i have told him to change his tone and i think he has recently, imoff training so have to leave it at that, also lets get back on topic.

John you have reported zero post's on here over him. also Promoters need to be questioned as do clubs etc otherwise standards will drop-i have told him to change his tone and i think he has recently, imoff training so have to leave it at that, also lets get back on topic.

While all of the above is great it does not address the point that if something is going to be posted about a promotion or indeed a club or coach then it should be able to be backed up by fact. Unfounded allegations should not be allowed, so I am asking you as a forum mod to put something in place to stop it.

Then no 1 could question anything your or u or i do on our shows as to a spectator facts are never there-this won't be happening I'm afraid.

Be a better idea to give them the facts and prove them wrong as your the 1 with the information at hand, as far as him saying x had easy match v y then that's an opinion and facts don't come into it, any further questions take it to pm. You would not Like your thread hijacked totally off topic.

Then no 1 could question anything your or u or i do on our shows as to a spectator facts are never there-this won't be happening I'm afraid.

Be a better idea to give them the facts and prove them wrong as your the 1 with the information at hand, as far as him saying x had easy match v y then that's an opinion and facts don't come into it, any further questions take it to pm. You would not Like your thread hijacked totally off topic.

No Paul, that's not how things should work at all. There is more to this than your opinion of what should and should not happen. Now that I am questioning the forum charter publicly it's being brushed aside and suggested it go to pm? I am questioning why some users are given carté blanché to make libellous accusations and we don't have a rule in the charter to stop it. The simple thing to do would be to amend item 8 on the charter

I will open a separate debate on the subject and it can be discussed openly. This will mean MMAIRELANDFAN's thread can get back on topic

Temporary 2 day ban for John. boards is not a democracy and when asked To go back on topic over and over and questioning the charter when it's been explained is not on.

Back on topic and there is no debating the charter on here, pm me if you have queries or want to make positive changes.

Hopefully that's the last ban needed over this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

I'm probably skirting a ban too but I just have to raise the question if this guy is Kokoro's no.1 fan why would he train anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

To be honest if this is intended to be a genuine run down of the strengths and weaknesses of each club, and people move on from the source the discussion, the strengths are the only real aspect that anyone will talk about comfortably.
    Listing what you perceive as a weakness in another club could get into messy flame wars territory.
    Especially when the question of how much knowledge will be first/second hand.
    And last of course is the simple fact that most people who are active in MMA have at this point developed a bit of civility towards each other in public.

So the only way I see a discussion like this moving forward in a civil and non-poop throwing fashion is if people discuss their own clubs and relate their own evaluations. Whether or not people will be interested in doing so is debatable.

I for one wish to point out that all clubs are sadly equally lacking in facilities for finger painting and flower arranging. For shame.

_oveless wrote: »
    I'm probably skirting a ban too but I just have to raise the question if this guy is Kokoro's no.1 fan why would he train anywhere else?

That's irrelevant either way, I suspect he's been nosey-that's fine,
    If he'd care to answer then great

Nobody has helped him either way on it, this is the most ruined thread I've seen on Mma boards pages.

I'm going to start up a new thread on the subject without the bs

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Wonky Knees

Temporary 2 day ban for John. boards is not a democracy and when asked To go back on topic over and over and questioning the charter when it's been explained is not on.

Back on topic and there is no debating the charter on here, pm me if you have queries or want to make positive changes.

Hopefully that's the last ban needed over this.

Mod, since I raised the question which led to JF's response and temp. ban, I feel I should briefly elaborate. Listing the strengths and weaknesses of each club is in my opinion very difficult, since few have experience of each club and fewer still the wisdom of Solomon to avoid bias in their assessment.

I agree with most of the points you have made but differ on the application of these points to the OP. Having examined the OPs posts I am of the view that they are designed not to elicit genuine answers to genuine questions but are instead designed to create mischief. While I find some of the banter on the forum to be very funny at times, I sense a more sinister motivation behind the OP.

Dublin is very small, most of the clubs and promotors here while in competition with each other, also need each other and in some respects they complement each other. Guys who run clubs and shows do so under a lot of pressure and that's the reason why I don't like what I perceive to be someone attempting to wind another up, or set a fighter up with false plaudits.

• Advertisement

It's obvious he is annoyed at what he see's as injustices and is trying to get answers, this is annoying people and there is no doubt but i've heard this stuff in every dressing room on every show and people that post on here have been involved so the fact someone has asked them out loud has caused a stir, the best way to deal with this is to ignore the questions or answer them and they will go away.

I don't know why people are so scared of a fella who clearly is just a fan who has limited knowledge and does not like what he see's, he's questioned my show for lack of pro fights-well if he was better in the know he'd realise the show is not about been the biggest pro show around and never claimed to be, so people in the know wont really care if he asks question that they already know the answer that its all about local talent.

Anyway this is closed and new thread is open thats more relevant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement