Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online FAS Course

• 06-06-2011 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have experience with online FAS courses run by CMD ? I'm currently doing the SCJP and I'm struggling. The course material is aimed at a programmer looking to learn Java, not a regular joe (which was not made clear before I signed up) The tutor is of absolutely no help to me, answers basic questions but does nothing in the way of helping me get to grips with the course or study routines, or alternate studying material to better understand what they provide. Their player hijacks my laptop and crashes my browser if I use it in conjunction with anything else. Cant even listen to music when its on.

Is there anyone else that is in my shoes or has been in the past ? Doing a course in something your really interested in but put on the wrong one and end up in over your head with little help ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Them courses are a disaster.They're silly software is horrible and as you said yourself, it crashed your browser.Your better off reading a book.Stop taking short cuts.By the time you're finished you'd have wasted a lot of your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

digme wrote: »
    Them courses are a disaster.They're silly software is horrible and as you said yourself, it crashed your browser.Your better off reading a book.Stop taking short cuts.By the time you're finished you'd have wasted a lot of your time.

Yeah I picked up a book and I'm currently trying to learn it separate to the course and use the course material as to gain a deeper understanding. Aslong as I stick to the book I'll learn something at least and perhaps schedule my own exam down the line to get the qualification.

I'm really surprised at the amateur nature of the website and course though. With Irelands software reputation you think they could have hired someone with a bit of cop-on

Advertisement