Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what boat rod

Options
  • 06-06-2011 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

lads i was looking at the fladden maxximus full carbon boat rod i think it was 7ft3in 20-50lb class nice range on the rod any of you have one and whats your opinion on the rod i will be using it for tope\wreck fishing. anyone know the best price for it southside had it priced at 140 seems a bit pricey as you can get it on fleebay for more than half that excluding postage.
    any opinions on other rods
    thanks lads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭GLC

Daiwa kenzaki all the way, should pick one up for a little over €100

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭natdog

GLC wrote: »
    Daiwa kenzaki all the way, should pick one up for a little over €100
    thanks for the reply glc will have a look at it always liked the diawa`s.
    What one do you have and what do you us it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭GLC

I have the 12-20lb 2 piece, the two piece is a little softer than the three piece. I use mine for wrecking and tope fishing, have had tope up to 41lb on it. Penn powerstix pro rods are excellent for the money also, should have one delivered for around €70 and come with a cordura travel case which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

ive a good few boat rods but always go back to the daiwa tdx 12/20, have used it on tope,skate and use it for mackeral and feels great with them all, the kanzaki are a great range of rod to, find the maximus a little heavy when just fishing for pollock and the likes, but you can get a lighter class of maximus although it wont be to great with heavy leads on a big run,

Advertisement