Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singer/guitarist wanted for acoustic 2 piece

Options
  • 06-06-2011 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, 
I am a well established working solo musician playing the pub circuit around Dublin. I have regular (2 per week) gigs and play a fully acoustic set with just me and my guitar and do not use any backing tracks etc. After a few years of doing this all by myself I am getting a bit bored of the same old sound and want to try out working as a 2 piece. My current set includes acoustic versions of everything from Dylan, Beatles, Bowie, Waits, Springstein, also some rock & roll, blues, soul, some irish stuff a bit of everything really but no rubbish!

I want to create a tight harmony based sound with 2 (male or female) guitars or 1 guitar and perscussion etc but the vocal stuff is key. I have a full calender of paying gigs lined up, and do a lot of private/corporate work also. I own all equipment and am open to new ideas so please get in touch if your interested get in touch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eddy44ed

Hi there, I'm a female singer who plays some guitar, am currently looking for paid gigs. I've been singing for years, am in an acoustic band currently but it's very much on a laid back enjoyment basis rather than paid performances. I play lots of stuff from Paul Simon to Coldplay, Mundy, Adele etc. Have also written and recorded my own music. Have my own transport, mic etc Let me know if you'd like to hear a demo ...
    Cheers,
    Eithne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 robreidmusic

Hi Eithne, Yeah would love to hear something from you? Do you have anything online? No problem if you dont - I have been very slack on that front myself.
    If not do you have something you can email?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eddy44ed

Hi there, finally got around to uploading a song onto soundcloud - singing lead and backing and guitar is me. Hope you like : ) ...http://soundcloud.com/eddy44ed/03-power-games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Hi there, my boyfriend is really interested but has no boards account :p He's a guitarist but can play bass, mandolin, bouzouki, etc. He's currently in the Dublin pub scene doing trad music but also does rock, punk, modern, etc. If you want to PM, I can send you a link to one of his Youtube videos, and I can also send you a link to a song he produced and did all the music for (it's very simplistic because I was the vocalist for it and wanted it very simple!). He also does great quality recording and has an album of trad stuff that he could email some tracks from :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Hi Rob,

PM sent.

K.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 phobie

Hi Rob,
    Sound's good! Im a female singer 24 can sing pretty much anything, Unfortunatly I have nothing recorded at the min, but hoping to hit the studio early next week. If you like I could meet up with you for a jam and take it from there?
    cheers,

Fi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Voice Studio

check out my website www.voicestudio.info/multimedia or http://soundcloud.com/magdee/sets/songs-162/ have a listen. i play some accoustic guitar and piano

MagDee

Advertisement