Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aya Hirano & Haruhi Season 3

Options
  • 06-06-2011 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

So, there are loads of rumours bouncing round regarding an upcoming 3rd season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Apparently an announcement will be made in after the final episode of Nichijou. There is a site here where you can make a wish - if 15498 wishes are received, then a new season will happen. There are currently over 18000 wishes :P But just it case anyone is interested I linked to it :)

For those who don't know though, Aya Hirano has discontinued both her singing and voice acting career due to illness. From her wikipedia page:
    In November 2010, she announced on her Twitter account that she has had a pituitary gland tumor since junior high school. While not malignant, the tumor exerts pressure on certain motor functions, resulting in temporary memory loss, loss of vision and slurring of speech. She decided against elective surgery because the surgery would alter her nasal cavity and permanently modify her voice.[6] To facilitate her care, she announced in April 2011 that she has been prohibited from taking on new voice acting roles in anime since some time the previous year. She still continues voicing characters for anime that received additional seasons or extended runs.[7] In May 2011, Aya Hirano announced via Twitter that she was no longer performing music for Lantis and has discontinued her music career until further notice.[8]

From the sentence in bold, sounds like she'd still voice Haruhi in a 3rd season.

Poor Aya though, must be awful and she's so young :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not sure i believe she's ill, could be one of her famously strained interpretations of facts. I don't wish sickness on anyone in any case.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

From what I heard, she ditched her contract towards the end of Haruhi S2 before being told to come back and finish it, as she was moaning about wanting to get on her actress career.

I was a Haruhi fan but they'll have to deliver one hell of a season to win me over after the endless eight farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I was a Haruhi fan but they'll have to deliver one hell of a season to win me over after the endless eight farce.

Disappearance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I think Disappearance redeemed the series somewhat - I think it was my favourite part of the entire franchise.

Agree that season 3 is gonna need to be a vast improvement on season 2 though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

They do have enough material for two more seasons though, if you ask me.

So far they've covered the majority of the first five light novels and I'd love to see them introduced Sasaki & Co. into the anime. If Hirano is iffy about continuing I could see them either replacing her (:() or making another season and then finishing by making dissociation and surprise into a movie.

I also liked Endless Eight :o annoying and wasteful as it was, you did keep the purists happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,701 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

>One of the best-selling & most popular franchises
    >Vague rumours of a 3rd season

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

Don't know why people still think haruhi anime can be entertaining.
    the first season was OK, way over-hyped and not as good as people think, second was the same episode for 60% of the show followed by more OK, way-less-over-hyped episodes.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Don't know why people still think haruhi anime can be entertaining.
    the first season was OK, way over-hyped and not as good as people think, second was the same episode for 60% of the show followed by more OK, way-less-over-hyped episodes.

Well it's all a matter of personal opinion at the end of the day. I really enjoyed the first season of Haruhi and I LOVED the film. I will admit that the second season was a bit of a letdown but I still like it - currently re-watching it with my boyfriend at the moment, who also seems to be enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

Oh the movie was okay/good, yeah.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Konata wrote: »
    re-watching it with my boyfriend at the moment, who also seems to be enjoying it.

I certainly am, tis grand and entertaining I must say. The film was brilliant as well, so I'd be happy for more of Aya and co.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,701 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Haruhi wasn't overhyped.

Haruhi was a SLEEPER HIT.

And also one of the best-animated shows of the last decade, period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

God I loved the first series. Haven't seen Disappearance - couldn't sit through f***ing "Endless Eight" so never watched all of s2.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Archeotech

Endless eight was a killer even for me ^^; but if you just watch the first episode and the last episode of E8 arc then the second series is pretty decent! The arc after E8 shows how they made the movie for the school festival and explains things such as the cat from season 1. The first episode of the second series is probably one of the more essential episodes if going to see Disappearance which is almost like a 3rd season in itself with it's 2.5hr running time and it was to me a fantastic redemption of the series. Anyway I recommend a watch. Just ignore any hype and enjoy the series. ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Looking Glass

The series always runs in April (April '06, and April '09). If we go by the whole every three years thing, then it's only natural to assume that we'll get that sought after third season in April '12. KyoAni have nothing planned after Nichijou outside of the K-ON! movie.

This is so adorable - I love Aya :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lostmanga

Craguls wrote: »
    They do have enough material for two more seasons though, if you ask me.

Ooo they have enough content for one last season actually and then making a movie if they chose to actually think of it they should also rename season 3 to "The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya" since Haruhi isn't going to be well Melancholic haha.
    Also for their episode list with 16 episodes instead of 14 should be like this:

"The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya" Season 3 Episode List?:

1. Charmed at First Sight LOVER
    2. Snow Mountain Syndrome (First Part)
    3. Snow Mountain Syndrome (Second part)
    4. Where did the Cat go?
    5. The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya Part I
    6. The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina
    7. The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya Part II
    8. The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya Part III
    9. The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya Part IV
    10. The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
    11.The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya Part VI
    12. The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya Part VII (Might as well make the Longest Book become the Longest Arc right?)
    13. Editor in Chief Straight Ahead! (First Part)
    14. Editor in Chief Straight Ahead (Final Part)
    15. Wandering Shadow (First Part)
    16. Wandering Shadow (Second Part)

After maybe when the season ends, KyoAni should make a movie either named

"The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya"

(or)

"The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya"

The movie should be based off novels 9,10, and 11 plots in which maybe they could get everything into the movie?

Also, I heard that if Aya Hirano doesn't do this season they might have to find a new voice for Haruhi, which is going to be weird :(, but I hope Aya Hirano will be alright ;o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Haruhi is great, and from someone who almost dropped it at episode 9 I can say this without sounding pretentious, but if you didn't like it maybe you just didn't get it :)
    Though I only watched the first and last episode of endless 8 so S2 seemed great to me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Thomas-G wrote: »
    Though I only watched the first and last episode of endless 8 so S2 seemed great to me :D

:mad: Go back and suffer like the rest of us!

naah endless 8 wasn't that bad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I must be the only person who prefers season 2. :pac:

Advertisement