Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed identifying small blue flower

Options
  • 05-06-2011 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I found this flower in Fenor Bog yesterday and did not know what it is, anybody got any ideas ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Heath Milkwort?
    Link 1
    Link 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cherrieblossom

thanks for that, yes that is it: heath milkwort. the pictures I was looking at in my flower books did not really do justice to the amazing blueness of the tiny little flowers. It is one of the loveliest little flowers I have seen in ages.

I went to the bog in the hope that there would be orchids as someone told me that there were loads of marsh orchids there but no such luck. used to see loads of them this time of the year near my granny's house but sadly so many areas are drained now and they are gone. any suggestions where I might see some ??

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

Never heard Polygala called that common name

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭wgsten

[/QUOTE] I went to the bog in the hope that there would be orchids as someone told me that there were loads of marsh orchids there but no such luck. used to see loads of them this time of the year near my granny's house but sadly so many areas are drained now and they are gone. any suggestions where I might see some ??[/QUOTE]

There are lots of Orchids on Pollardstown Fen in Co. Kildare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cherrieblossom

i shall take a trip there to see them, they always remind me of happy childhood summers :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement