Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGBT Soc Sponsorship

Options
  • 05-06-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I am auditor of a LGBT Society in one of the bigger colleges for next year.
    My hope is that I can make it bigger and better than it was last year (which will not be an easy task but something I am determined to do!) and would love to get sponsorship of some sort.
    So I am wondering if anyone has any ideas about who would be good to contact etc?
    If it were a business for example, we would be more than happy to incorporate their logo onto our LGBT Soc hoodies for the coming year or whatever they wish.
    Even if it was a once off donation or contribution it would be so helpful. Even if it were just rainbow coloured bracelets with their company name on them or whatever, it'd be fantastic as they would be an incentive for our new members :D

Any advice on this would be awesome! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 gavdown

Im afraid there is not many companies sponsoring these days. Have you tried places like gcn, the george, dragon and pantibar? they would be the most likely if your in Dublin but in a different areas of the lgbt community I found them to be helpful but not as willing to loose out in the cash department.

Stuff like table quizes, bucket collections and the likes can be good fundraisers though and if your in a big society what better project to take up . Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

As weird as it sounds, you should try the college banks- They sponsor a few societies, like give out some money for random things... I remember I was involved in a pretty big society and we had AIB convinced to give us money if we put their logo on the sleeve of our hoodies, until they realised we actualy had all our accounts with BOI! :rolleyes:

It's a bit of a pain since most of the LGBT specific groups are actually charity based themselves, like BelongTo or Outhouse... You could try some of the more gay-friendly business like Apple or Google, maybe? They are both pretty successful companies still (ie they are actually still making money these days!!!) and like to do stuff that makes them seem human! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

For things to include in your fresher bag:
    I remember a thread on this that linked to a website that gave out free rainbow rubber bands.
    I think it's pretty easy to get condoms free too, all that promoting safe sex business. Our LGBT fresher bag hadn't got anything for the girls though :/
    Maybe call up a popular shop and ask if they'll give a discount to your members? It's pretty easy to make up the cards. I remember having Make-up Forever, American Apparel, Chapters and Shakes discounts on some of my cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Large American such as Facebook and Google will probably sponsor you - approach the bars as well - ask Pantibar - also flick through GCN - see if there any companies in there - talk to the Irish gay business association - ask if any of their members know anyone

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement