Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

almera ABS sensor

Options
  • 05-06-2011 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi guys
    I have almera 2000 3 doors automatic transmission.
    The issue is I have paied800 pounds for the car and I have replaced the brake pads for 130.
    Now the ABS light is on and I have found that the rear left ABS sensor need to be changed. This part is sold only by Nissan and I will have to pay 375 pounds (350 for the part+ VAT) and I don't have that money. The MOT is due and it will not pass. Many people told me just switch it off.
    Can anyone tell how to do it?
    I have thought of scapping the car but they will not pay more than 80 pounds.
    I am lost please help me if you can.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Buffman

Scraping it over a sensor seems a bit mad anyway.

You could try scrap yards for the part you need. http://www.partfinder.ie/

Or you could try and sell the car in it's present condition.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

You'll get one easily in a breakers, no need to jump to scrapping the car so quickly!
    They'll charge very little and with a little levering of the old one it should come out easily enough.
    Try leaving it to soak in wd40 etc for a while this will help.
    The time I replaced one on my focus I had to brake hard for the abs light to go out, as if it didn't realise it was ok until you forced it to work :rolleyes:

Advertisement