Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truma C3400 Boiler Ignition Not Working

Options
  • 05-06-2011 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All,

I am hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction. I have tried firing up the boiler in my Hymer Camp after the winter rest and the leds on the panel come on, no red warning lights, but the water doesn't heat. I am getting water out of the hot water tap but it is cold. When I switch on the boiler I don't hear the clicking of the ignition. I have done the following
    1. I have descaled the boiler and refilled the system and I can confirm there is water in the boiler.
    2. I can confirm the 12volt is on
    3. I can confirm the gas is on as I have tried the cooker and it is working.
    4. The cover on the outside vent hasn't been taken off.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

weirsmonty wrote: »
    4. The cover on the outside vent hasn't been taken off.
    QUOTE]

Perhaps this is your problem.....the vent cover is "choking" the system?
    Also, how much gas is in the cylinder? If there isnt sufficent pressure, the boiler wont ignite

Also, check that you dont have a seperate isolation valve for the boiler........there is ususally one for the boiler and a second one for the hob etc.

Boilers tend to be tempermental if not used for a long period........try it a couple of time but make sure you leave a couple of mins between goes

Hopefully one of the above will get you up and running.....if not, report back and somebody else will fire some more advice your way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

AS the man said , you MUST take off the vent cover . And check the gas etc . TBh , I'm most worried by the fact the Red light isn't coming on , that's weird... Is the leisure battery charged up? Can you get an air hose to it , to blast out the vent?

Advertisement