Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire - power button stopped working

Options
  • 05-06-2011 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

Hi hi,

So since this morning my phone has been refusing to "wake up" when I press the power button at the top. In order to wake it up I need to take out the battery. When I put the battery back in the phone turns on straight away.

It was working fine last night and it wasn't dropped or anything. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

My desire got damp 2 weeks ago, power button got dodgy, have you insurance, i got it replaced after delay/hassle from o2 insurance phonecover, paid €85 for desire s,a week later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

It definitely didn't get damp or wet in any way. It's bizarre.

Phone was a present and I *think* it's insured. The phone was rooted (?), would that make a difference? Sorry, I'm completely clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

No, rooting should have no affect.

Advertisement