Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car radio....help!

Options
  • 05-06-2011 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

My sister got a new radio for her car ('00 vw polo) and i got her old one.. now its asking for a code... anybody know where i can get the code? thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Antenna

My sister got a new radio for her car ('00 vw polo) and i got her old one.. now its asking for a code... anybody know where i can get the code? thanks!

Can't help with code - but (if of any use) that radio is likely still OK to use again in that VW car it came out of, without getting code.

If its VW around year 2000:
    Put it back in to original car.
    Switch it on
    (Code prompt comes up, do nothing)
    Switch on ignition - radio should now automatically get the code back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Once it's asking for the code it won't work in either car, until you get it.

Most car radio places that repair them will code them, Scansounds in Phibsboro is one.

I presume you checked the documents from the Polo.
    Also check the casing of the radio there's a small chance it's written on it somewhere, (when I coded them 9 times outta 10 I wrote it on the case).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭niallb

Hi, don't think putting it back in the old car will work for you,
    unless the radio has been attached to a 12V power supply continuously since it was moved.
    I've managed to get the codes for two old radios online.
    I now have the code written on my battery so that I have it to hand if I ever need to disconnect the power. What's the model of the radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭brownmini

If you still have the original owners handbook for the car
    that the radio came from then you're in with a chance.

Usually but not always, there's a sheet of paper for the radio
    in the paperwork with the car and this will have the radio code
    on it.

Or there are times when you can contact the maker of the radio
    or car and supply the details, they can sometimes back track and
    tell you what the cod enumber should be (this is a long shot).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Go to a VW main dealer and ask the guy in the stores, he can get the code if you give him the Chassis number. You will also want to know the sequence of putting the code in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

If you give me the BP and 76 numbers which are written on side of radio I will tell you the code.
    My full time job is rapairing all types of car stereos.

Advertisement