Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Books!

Options
  • 04-06-2011 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to get rid of some clutter in my flat and I have far too many books. Listed below are the onces I'd like to get rid of. Free for the asking!

Please take them....

Bill Bryson - Made in America
    Brent Weeks - The Way of Shadows
    Christopher Paolini - Eragon
    David Eddings - The Tamuli
    Dean Koontz - Dragon Tears
    Jacqueline Carey - Kushtel's Scion
    Jared Diamond - Why is Sex Fun - The Evolution of Human Sexuality
    Kate Elliott - Spirit Gate
    Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray
    Pete McCarthy - McCarthy's Bar
    Philip Pulman - The Subtle Knife
    Raymond Feist - A Darkness at Sethanon
    Raymond Feist - Silverthorn
    Raymond Feist - Shadow of a Dark Queen
    Stephen King - Dreamcatcher
    Stephen King - Needful Things
    Stephen King - Rose Madder
    Stephen King - The Dead Zone
    Stephen King - The Tommyknockers
    Tad Williams - Stone of Farewell

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Where in dublin are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Which one is Shadow of a Dark Queen? I think I have the first trilogy and the third trilogy, but not the 2nd.

What's the Spirit Knife? If it's Dark Materials tis the Subtle Knife but it could be a different book, in which case I'm verrry interested.

Also Tommyknockers looks cool. I think Dreamcatcher was made into a terrible movie and I just wouldn't be able to read it without thinking of it.

Good selection of free books fo' sure.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Which one is Shadow of a Dark Queen? I think I have the first trilogy and the third trilogy, but not the 2nd.

What's the Spirit Knife? If it's Dark Materials tis the Subtle Knife but it could be a different book, in which case I'm verrry interested.

Also Tommyknockers looks cool. I think Dreamcatcher was made into a terrible movie and I just wouldn't be able to read it without thinking of it.

Good selection of free books fo' sure.

Shadow of a Dark Queen is the trilogy after Magician, etc trilogy.
    Spirit Knife was a typo, well spotted. :)
    Tommyknockers is very good. Dreamcatcher is good too, a bit too full of disturbing mental images for me. The movie doesn't do it justice at all and kinda left a lot of stuff out. Like most of the plot.

I can't get into R. Fiest. I love the trilogy set in Kelewan, about one of the Tsurani families. The rest of the books I can't get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

reallyrose wrote: »

I can't get into R. Fiest. I love the trilogy set in Kelewan, about one of the Tsurani families. The rest of the books I can't get into.

Twas a really good set of books.

I'd take the bryson and any/all of the King but god knows when I'd be able to pick them up.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    Twas a really good set of books.

I'd take the bryson and any/all of the King but god knows when I'd be able to pick them up.

They won't be going anywhere! Unfortunately. D:

My flat, she disappears under one million books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Yea Stephen King adaptations attract quite a mix of really good, and really really horrible movies.
    My favourite of the bad movies that I've seen (for cheese/humour value) is 'The Langoliers'; the ending (complete with flying meatball monsters) is hilariously anticlimactic.

Anyway, getting a little less off-topic; I highly recommend people check out 'The Dark Tower' books by Stephen King (especially if you've already read a lot of his stuff), they are quite good :) (and are being made into a TV series + films I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

reallyrose wrote: »

Bill Bryson - Made in America
    Brent Weeks - The Way of Shadows
    Dean Koontz - Dragon Tears
    Jared Diamond - Why is Sex Fun - The Evolution of Human Sexuality
    Stephen King - Dreamcatcher

I would be interested in these if possible?:) Also yay for free books!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Anything written by Weeks = Win :cool:

micayla wrote: »
    I would be interested in these if possible?:) Also yay for free books!

Would you be able to pick them up from here/somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Oh sure, I'm in town tomorrow if that's any good?:)

micayla wrote: »
    Oh sure, I'm in town tomorrow if that's any good?:)

I'm locked in an abyss of study. I'm not allowed out tomorrow. But I live about 10-15 minutes walk from Grafton St, about 5 minutes from Pearse Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Sure I'll yoink that Dark Queen book, Tommyknockers and Dead Zone. They're the only three I'm sure to get around to me thinks. I'll pop over at some point, sure I'll communicate with ye olde SMS.

Advertisement