Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFI Open Day - Free Screening of Various Films (11th June only)

Options
  • 04-06-2011 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭

Some absolutely cracking movies in here!

sbanner_229.jpg
    Details here!

All credit to vulpusvulpus over on HUKD.ie
    After the enormous success of the IFI Open Day last year, the IFI is delighted to throw open its doors once again to the public for a day of FREE films!

Audiences of all ages and cinematic tastes are welcome to come along for a day that promises to thrill and delight with screenings from a selection that includes classic films as well as previews of some hotly-anticipated new releases.
    We’ll also have films from many of the IFI’s programming strands such as IFI Stranger Than Fiction, IFI Family and the IFI Irish Film Archive, giving audiences a chance to experience the breadth of programming that is on offer year-round at the IFI. With 15 free screenings taking place in all three cinemas, as well as some special guests to introduce films over the course of the day, it promises to be an event to remember.Tickets for all films will become available at 11am on June 11th at the IFI. Tickets will not be available online or by phone. Maximum of four tickets per person, all allocated on a first come, first served basis. Arrive early as tickets are expected to go quickly! And while you’re here on the day, be sure to check out our IFI Café Bar menus and browse in the IFI Film Shop. Join us on June 11th for a celebration of the IFI!

Movies / times are as follows:

'Jack Goes Boating' (12.30pm)
    'Labyrinth' (12.30pm)
    'Sunrise' (12.30pm)
    'Life, Above All' (2.20pm)
    'Donnie Darko' (2.30pm)
    'I Can't... I Can't' (2.30pm)
    'Pierrot le fou' (4.15pm)
    Meet the Programmers discussion (4.30pm)
    'A Night at the Opera' (4.40pm)
    'Cell 211' (4.45pm)
    'The Honeymoon Killers' (6.20pm)
    'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?' (6.40pm)
    'Sensation' (7.00pm)
    'Armadillo' (9.00pm)
    Audience Choice Film (9.10pm - vote at: www.ifi.ie)
    'Cave of Forgotten Dreams (3D)' (9.20pm)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Class!

anyone know if you'll have to turn up early and queue, or if i could go at 11 and secure a ticket or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Class!

anyone know if you'll have to turn up early and queue, or if i could go at 11 and secure a ticket or two?

I wonder if anyone here was at last year's:

http://www.irishfilm.ie/cinema/season2_07.asp?SID=193

Although I can't make it myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It does say:
    Arrive early as tickets are expected to go quickly!

Someone was bound to be at least year's one who can fill us in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Went last year and there was a queue around the block but it moved well, I arrived at 10:45 and I was grand. I've a feeling that this one is going to be a bit more popular though so I'll be heading in early!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

I figure this is worth a bump.

• Advertisement
Advertisement