Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chain of cert acceptance

Options
  • 04-06-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

So let's say i have
    mydomain.com.
    wiki.mydomain.com
    forum.mydomain.com

And let's say for whatever reasons i wanted to have a separate but trusted cert for each service, how would i do so? (browser web of trust)

So for example, would browsers accept a cert for something.mydomain.com if it was signed by a cert for *.mydomain.com (that was signed by an accepted ca).

Or would i have to buy individual certs for each subdomain or just use *.mydomain.com for everything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

A "browser accepted CA" is never going to sign your cert, for all sorts of reasons.
    so either a wildcard cert *.mydomain.com or individual certs for wiki.mydomain.com, forum.mydomain.com all depends on how much cash you have.

SM

Advertisement