Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography: Geoecology

Options
  • 04-06-2011 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey, I have a quick question. For the pre's, our geography teacher basically told us what was coming up and for geoecology he said to study desertification. The question "Examine the causes of desertification." came up and I got a pretty good mark for my answer. For the actual exam, I'm really banking on desertification coming up again as I'm not great at any of the other topics. A similar question hasn't come up since 2007, and since it came up in the pre's, am I right in hoping it'll be up this year?
    Thanks for your help!

P.S. Good luck to everyone in the Leaving Cert this year, it's going to be some craic :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

I was planning on just studying this, and characteristics of a biome.
    But considering studying one more, maybe human impact on a biome as well? it's different to the desertification one obviously :)
    You'd be a brave man to go in with only one learned tho? I'm startin to get worried that my 2 isn't enough either.
    My teacher told me she has a "feeling" some sort of characteristics of a biome question is coming up, she's a waster though so I don't think I should be listening to her, even though I really want her to be right on this occasion.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 SBray

Thanks for your feedback! I've spent the evening doing an answer on characteristics of a biome and one on human activities on a biome. They ain't the best but they'll do sure :P At least now I do have an idea on a few of them so I'll be able to answer something. Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭robobobo

Wow I've been reading around here and people only seem to have 2 or 3 essays for geoecology, I've about 6 or 7! Our teacher made us do them all!

Oh influence of human activities on a biome - must know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

robobobo wrote: »
    Wow I've been reading around here and people only seem to have 2 or 3 essays for geoecology, I've about 6 or 7! Our teacher made us do them all!

Oh influence of human activities on a biome - must know ;)

If you were to pick the threee most important ones, what would they be? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭robobobo

Em

1. Human Influence on Biomes
    2. How plants and animals adapt to the biome
    3. Formation of a soil

that would be the bare minimum for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

I can't remember doing this question in relation to geoecology....

Advertisement